How To Tame A Dragon.

Human!SmaugXReader

Enjoy...

***

"Who are you?"

"N-nobody."

"Liar."

A rustle of movement scared me. I looked around, desperately hoping that Bilbo was okay. We were in Erebor trying to find the Arkenstone. Dumb jewel. To think that I put my life on the line for something so irrelevant to me. I never wanted to be here. But I couldn't leave my brother alone. Bilbo and I... we stick together. There's no telling us apart either.

"I'll ask again, who are you?"

"I-I'm (y/n)."

"See, how hard was that?"

I rolled my eyes. This thing doesn't know how salty I can get. I'll burn him so bad, not even his blasted fire-proof scales with be able to retain his dignity. I caught sight of Bilbo. He flashed me a quick glance which probably meant, 'Don't Get Killed.'

"Answer me this, (y/n), here I was, sleeping in complete tranquillity, when my coins shuffle suspiciously. Here I find a small hobbit holding a handful of my gold. How am I supposed to react?"

"Oh, please! I've got an answer for this. It's not your gold. It belongs to the dwarves!"

"Not anymore."

"That's because being the greedy, foul beast you are, you turned Dale into a ghost town and still have the nerve to call all this wealth your own!"

"SILENCE!"

The voice didn't echo through the halls. What was happening? I then felt something or someone breathe on my ear.

"A greedy, foul beast? Is that what I am, now?"

"It's what you always were and will be," I answer.

Someone tugged at my hand and spun me around. There stood a good-looking person with coral-red hair and sparkling gold eyes. His apparel was red and black, and dotted with some gold on the armour, resembling Smaug's scaly stomach (look at me giving myself unrealistic goals for my sense of fashion).

"Am I still a beast?" The stranger asked.

I gulped. He didn't look like one on the outside... "On the outside, no. On the inside, now there's the big question."

He gritted his teeth. Just great. There's my ticket to Death's Roller Coaster. He glared at me and released my hand. I rubbed it gingerly.

"You're lucky I've got a soft spot for you."

Something shuffled past. His head whipped around. There stood Bilbo, holding the Arkenstone, with a look of fear and anger. Smaug stared at the Arkenstone.

"I'm almost tempted to let you take it. If it's to see Thorin Oakenshield suffer. But I won't. Take the mountain. Give it back to the dwarves."

"What?"

"You heard me." He walked past me.

"Wait!" Bilbo called after him.

Smaug turned around. "What do you want, Barrel-Rider?"

"There's a catch, isn't there?"

"No. If it's to see her happy, I'll make do without the gold. It's too overrated anyway." With that, he left.

Bilbo turned to me. "Whatever just happened took no small amount of charm. (Y/n)... You just tamed a dragon- Smaug The Terrible."