Chapter 22

Quick question...what do yall prefer? Frequent shorter chapters or longer ones spread out?

I've noticed my shorter chapters bother a few of you but I only do that to update more often. It's really not up to yall but I love you guys and I don't mind giving you what you want. So which is it?

I'm really busy right now with senior year and college stuff so Ofcourse my updates won't be how they were in the summer.

With that being said, keep complaining and I'll go off. Love yall though😇❤️

Milan POV

Waking up, I stretched before letting out a stress relieving yawn. Thankfully, I had the day off, so I was just going to sleep in. Arima and Shauna were also suppose to be landing sometime this morning, so I wouldn't be alone for too long.

Getting up, i sluggishly walk to my bathroom, turning on the light and squinting from its brightness. I brush my teeth and wash my face, staring at myself in the mirror.

My mind unconsciously drifts to Elijah's words. Im not sure why they hurt me so much, but they do. All your life you're told to care for people, by your parents, your teachers, your pastor. You do that and you get shot down for it.

"Whatever." I mumbled, walking into the kitchen to make myself some cereal.

It's 9:00, meaning Sponegbob is on. I smile to myself as the episode begins, it's the camping episode, one of my favorites.

It's Elijah's favorite episode also, you guys talked about it

My subconscious brings him back up and I curse myself, changing the channel.

As if on cue, my prayers were answered and Arima walked through the door. She rolled in her suitcase, leaving it against the wall and kicking off her Puma slides.

"Hey boo, everything okay?"

"Yeah, im fine." I smile. My smile grows even wider as she reveals the iHOP bag behind her. I jumped up, running to the kitchen table and clapping my hands.

"Milan you are such a child." She laughed.

"Am not." I pouted.

"It's 9 am and I know you're off. Your ass woke up to watch Sponegbob didn't you?"

I laughed because my bestfriend knew me so well.

"Shutup Rima. Where's Shauna?"

"At her place, im sure she's knocked out by now. She couldn't sleep through the flight."

We both sat down to eat and I noticed her staring at me. This was because she wanted to know what happened with Elijah.

"He's okay. Asthma attack." I played around with the bacon on my plate before placing it in my mouth. I need to go on a diet.

Sike.

"Oh, well that's good, you sure that's all?" Arima studied my face, knowing all too well that something else was bothering me.

I began to explain everything that happened from when I arrived at the hospital.

"He has feelings for you." She said, smacking on her hash brown.

"What? Did you hear anything I just said?"

"Yes, I heard everything. Has had a girl that sounds like she doesn't give a fuck, and he told you to back off."

I nodded, trying to figure out how she got that conclusion from what I just told her.

"He is pushing you away, now I don't know the full situation but it sounds like he's trying to keep you and him from happening. Whatever the reason, I don't know. But from the places he takes you and how happy you seem, it's obvious something is there, whether you want to admit it or not."