Chapter 28.1

Suppose to be writing a 5 page research paper but y'all deserve this so....

"Where are you taking us?" She sat up in the passenger seat, looking around as everything passed by quickly

"Jus' sit back Milan." Elijah instructed calmly as he kept his eyes on the road.

They had been driving for a good 25 minutes and Milan no longer knew where she was. Deciding to close her eyes, she fell asleep quickly, finally resting.

Elijah played the radio lowly, humming along to whatever was playing until making it to the destination. He pulled up into the small driveway, parking.

"Mi...wake up." He tapped her arm. "Mi." He said again. Her eyelashes batted open as she looked around frowning.

"Elijah who's house is this?"

"Corey's."

"Why are we at Corey's house?"

"Well, it's one of his. He bought it for when he's out in D.C. Nobody is here but us ma."

"We're in D.C.?" Milan asked confusingly. She was always so lost when she first woke up.

"Yes Milan." Elijah laughed before getting out and opening her door for her. She walked behind him up the walkway as he unlocked the door, turning off the alarm.

"So Corey just lets you use this house?"

"Yea' that's my brotha'. We do stuff like that for eachotha'."

"Nice." Milan mumbled, looking around. She knew Corey made money doing real estate on the side, but she wasn't expecting anything like this house. He was clearly making bank.

"Wow this place is beautiful." She hummed, walking down the one marble step that led to the living room and open kitchen.

Elijah turned the alarm back on before checking the whole house to make sure everything was in place and how it should be.

"Can I lay down?" Milan asked, yawning.

"Yea', come on." He led her upstairs to a guest room and she sighed in relief as she plopped down on the bed.

"You want something more comfortable?"

"Yes, please."

Elijah nodded before slipping off his white tshirt and handing it to Milan. She studied his tattoos, something she rarely gets to do. He had such a tiny frame but it looked so good on him.

"Lay with me?" She asked, causing Elijah to chuckle. Milan was such a baby.

She slipped her clothes off before throwing on his t shirt and climbed into the bed, getting underneath the covers. Elijah got in also, pulling Milan closer to him. He kissed the back of her head before taking a deep breath, inhaling her scent.