Ch.69 The Illustrator

(Flashback) One morning in New York city, Elena parked her car in front of a convenient store where she went in.

"Morning Elena" the cashier said.

"Hey Delilah" Elena said as she went to the refrigerators and pulled out a mini smoothie bottle and went to the counter.

"You look tired" Delilah said as she scanned the smoothie.

"I didn't get a good sleep last night" Elena said dully "I woke up in the middle of the night from this weird dream."

"What was it about?"

"Well I met this creepy lady, who claims that she's my mother, and then she handed me this apple that looked like a skull."

"That kinda sounds like the Evil Queen from Snow White."

"I know."

"Did you see her face?"

"Not really, it was too dark, but I couldn't stop thinking about it all night."

"Well I'm sure it'll go away."

But when Elena got her smoothie and turned around, she bumped into a guy with dark hair as she dropped her smoothie as it exploded onto the floor.

"Oh my God I am so sorry" the guy gasped "I'll buy you a new one."

"No that's okay" Elena said.

"No please, I insist."

"Um, okay then."

So the guy got a new smoothie and started to pay for it.

"I'm really sorry again" he said.

"Oh that's okay."

"Hey I haven't seen you around here before" Delilah said to him "Are you new here?"

"I am actually."

"Well welcome to New York city" she smiled.

"Are you new to the city?" Elena asked him.

"Yeah, I used to live in the country side, and now I gotta get used to the city."

"Well uh, would you like me to show you around?"

"You would do that?"

"Sure, well I mean not now cause I gotta go to school, but maybe after school I can show you around."

"Oh, well, thank you" he smiled "I appreciate that."

"I'm Elena by the way."

"I'm Andy."

They both exchanged smiles as Elena left the store with her new smoothie.

At the mansion and inside the secret library, Brooke looked at the drawing on the door where the Illustrator was trapped in. And as she looked at it, she wondered how she was going to get the Illustrator out. But as she was examining the page, a sudden glow came from the door which caught her eye, she watched as a glow suddenly came from the keyhole that went pass her.

She turned around and saw that the glow had aimed at a desk and onto a key hole as it began to flicker. Brooke gave a small gasp as she went to the drawer and opened it, and there inside was a bronze key.

"No way" she gasped as she picked up the key.

She then turned to the drawing.

"Thank you Illustrator" she smiled.