Secrets

Chapter Ten.

My dreams were un-pleasant. I had a constant dream of Verin being on top of me, and almost pulling my corset down, over, and over again this re-played in my head, and the same feelings turned my stomach. Fear, Terror, and Horror.

But the only thing that seemed to make the dreams even worse was the fact that Apollyon was not there to save me, at all. "Your right Wendy, no one cares about you", Verin's eyes were a horrible red, he was on top of me when he said this, and then he ripped my corset off, because Apollyon wasn't there, Verin was succesful. "No!Stop!", I sceamed to the top of my lungs, then suddenly I punched Verin in the face. "For Satan's Sake!", someone said aloud, and then I realized the feeling of the punch was real, and I woke-up sitting straigh up in bed, and I looked around to see that the room was dark. "Who's there?", I asked the silent room, then someone popped up from the side of the bed, and I screamed in suprise, until I saw the purple eyes, and I was calm to know that it was Apollyon, he gripped the right side of his face.

"Oh, are you hurt?", I asked him, he got to his feet, and sat at the bed end of the bed were my feet were. I crawled over to him. "Did I hit you?", I asked him, "Yes, but i'm more worried about you, you hit a metal mask, don't you feel pain?", he asked me, and I shook my head. "No, not at all", I said. "its because your father's your main source of power huh?", he asked me, and I shook my head. I took his warm hand from his face, and looked at, even though I couldn't see anything in the dark, I was liking how close I was to him. "where does it hurt?", I asked him, he pointed to his cheek bone, "there", he said, and I touched it, he winced, and grasped my hand gently. "Right there?", I asked, "yep", he grunted trying to bare with the pain.

I turned around looking for a candle to light, but there was none in the room. "My Maids need to work on that", I said, "No candles?", he asked me, I turned back at him. "Yep, no candles". I said. "What time is it?", I asked him, he looked at the clock on his night stand, it was three in the morning. I sighed, "what were you screaming about?", he asked me, I shrugged, and walked over to him, of course he couldn't see that i had shrugged in the dark, but I really didn't want to answer him, he was there after all, when Verin tried to take advantage of me. "Verin", was all I said.

I walked into the bathroom, and grabbed a first aid kit, and came back out. "What do you have?", he asked me, "First aid kit", I said, I placed It on the bed beside him, and opened it up. "you can't see a thing, how are you going to use it?", he asked me, I snapped my fingers, and a red bright flame appeared on my finger. Apollyon jerked back, and then leaned forward again once he realized it was just a flame, and it was completely controlled by me.

"Mind me asking-", he began to say with a careful tone. "Where my powers were when Verin was taking hold of me?", I said for him, he was quiet for a second, and then shook his head. "Yes". "I only summon it when i'm concentrated, focused, when that was happening . . my mind was all over the place", I said simply. Apollyon shook his head.

I brought the light to his face, and saw that there was a cut linning his cheek bone. "Oh, you got a good one", I said. "Really? Linning my cheek bone or. .", he looked at me for details of his cut. "yeah, a long one linning your cheek bone", I siad. "Do you want me to stitch it or cauterize it?", I asked him, "Cautery", he chose. He gripped my hand which I willingly gave to him to squeeze if he felt pain, "Okay, just try to stay still, and it will be fast", I told him he shook his head. I put my finger to the cut on his cheek bone, and began to trace it with my finger that was enflamed, and he began to squeeze my hand, but it wasn't even a second when I removed my finger from his cheek, and it was closed. "there, all done", I said, he sighed with relief, and I felt bad.

"Apollyon, i'm so sorry", I told him, he shook his head, "No, no it's fine, thank you, for taking care of it", he said, and I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm, or if he was serious. "Is that sarcasm?", I asked him, he smiled, "No, not at all", he said. He then looked at me, and I met his eyes, I had forgotten that his mask was off, and that his eyes, and his face were revealed now, but the only thing that caught my attention about him was that his actual eyes were purple, they were beautiful. We had a moment of looking at one another, and for the first time in my whole life, even though I had clothes on I had felt violated like he could see everything, his eyes . . they were full of wonder, and interest's---.