Healed

Chapter Twenty-Two.

"Wendy, thank god your alive!", Roxanne rushed over to my bedside as soon as the healer left, and she began to kiss my face where wound use to be.

"My Underworld! Watch your tongue girl, the last person that I knew had his tongue cut out for just beginning to say the word", Salina told Roxanne. Even though Roxanne didn't care she still respected what Salina said, she was only watching out for Roxanne's tongue.

"Sorry", Roxanne said, she looked down at me with a wide smile. "how long are you going to be staring at me like that?", I asked her, she shrugged, and placed her creepy smile on me again. "I don't know maybe forever" she said as if it were a promise.

There was a hollow knock at the bedroom door, and Salina opened it. I peered around Roxanne to see who it was and my heart settled into a calm, safe state. It was Apollyon. he had his silver mask on, and his fists were clenched but as soon as Roxanne got up to leave with Salina, they softened because he could now see me.

The fight, him, and my father had was probably pretty intense.

He walked over to the bed, and sat on my right side. he took my hand in his cold metal armored hands, and held on, scared. "is everything okay?", I asked him with a smile, but it faded as soon as he took off his mask, and revealed a worried look in his bright purple eyes.

He shook his head though. "Yes", he said, "everything's fine", he added. but I knew, I knew he was hiding something. "Apollyon", I said with a stern tone, his eyes jerked at me, instead of him jumping scared at my voice, his eyes did.

"What are you keeping from me?", I asked him, he shook his head. "nothing, why do you ask?", he said. I swallowed my questions and my persisting to find out what was bugging him because obviously he wasn't going to give up so easily.

I sighed. and I could see the loss in his eyes. "fine, if your not going to tell me, leave and stop wasting my time so I can rest", I said with a hard straight voice, I was irritated that he would not tell me, and before my temper was lost with him, he would need to leave.

"Alright, I'll see you at dinner tonight", he said with a sad voice, he took my hand gentle in his as if waiting for me to pull it away, he hesitated and kissed the top of my hand, got off his knees, walked away from my bed, and left the room closing the door behind him.

It was painful knowing that even the one closest to me was keeping secrets from me, not able to tell me, it especially hurt me when I didn't know if it was for a good or bad reason, it would have made it better if someone where to lie to you and say that is was for your own protection, but no, people can't even mention that either, and it sucks to know that there's a 50/50 chance you shouldn't trust the person, or even be near them.

"Princess?", someone walked through my bedroom door.