The Truth

Chapter Sixteen.

Breakfast ended with a bang. I would like to say "literally", because it's Hell and anything is possible, but sadly I don't mean "literally".

A patron had rushed in and told my father that some high and powerful demon was back in the Underworld, and bared news. He had apparently been in the human world, and was sent back by three men who were looking forward to stopping the rising of Zepar, and Mictain. my father slashed the patrons eyes out, allowing him to fall to the floor, and begin crying in pain because he had accidentally said, "Zepar", and "Mictain", out loud in front of us.

Apollyon, and Malthas, even became tense, and looked at the patron with wide and worried eyes when he said the names of the demons. of course I was to play dumb, Roxanne was doing a good job because she had no idea what the names were, or meant, or why it was such a big deal that our father had to scrape the patrons eyes out with his claws with one hit.

"Go now! to our castle healer, and the leave to never return to my services!", my father yelled a the patron, he was only a boy, at least fourteen, and he had to bare with such pain. losing his job, losing his eyes, and maybe even the respect from his whole family who will blame him, and say that he deserved such a punishment for "crossing the line" of The Lord himself.

But yet were wrong, that's the only thing I hate about this place, everyone was trapped, brainwashed by none sense.

"Excuse us", my father sneered at Roxanne, and I. "Apollyon, and Malthas, join me this instant in my studies", Our father got up, and left outbreak door, Malthas instantly got up and followed behind, but as for Apollyon, he stood up, only to take my hand and kiss the top of it gently with his warm lips, once again lifting his mask up slightly to do so.

"Forgive me my lady, but I must leave", he whispered into my hand, I tried as hard as I could to contain my blushing smile but failed. "of course, may I see you the next time I am drunk of my very bottom", I joked, and he laughed from behind his mask.

"Good-bye Wendy", he said gentle letting my hand slip out of his, "Good-bye Apollyon", I said, and with that he continued to the door, and closed it behind him.

I sighed as soon as he left, and I looked to Roxanne who had a slick smile on her face, and I sighed again, but blushed at the fact she was thinking about me and Apollyon, and I . . Well, I just thought about Apollyon.

"So, how do you like your powers?", I asked her, her smile got even bigger, and she squealed with happiness. "Oh it's amazing! Wendy! I have Telekinesis!", she said with excitement. "when did you get it?", I asked her, suddenly her smile faded.

"I . . I got it when Malthas laid his hands on me", She said. I sighed, "from the anger inside?", i asked, she shook her head, "yes, you should have seen the cut I have him, I threw a glass case at thin with my mind", she said, her smile beginning to rise again, she also laughed at the thought of how Malthas might have reacted to her powers.