News

Chapter Twenty-Five.

"Well, that was a turn of events, Roxanne would you join me on a walk?", Malthas turned to Roxanne as soon as a couple of guards closed the door on us from the dinning room. Roxanne turned to Malthas, and hooked arms with him, and they left down the hallway.

That left me, and Apollyon alone. "that's it? he must not be that hard to go up against if he drops things like that", I said referring to Malthas. "tell me about it", Apollyon said. I turned to see that he took his mask off, and he was reveling his handsome tan face, and his beautiful purple eyes, I almost melted.

I smiled at him like an idiot. "what?", he asked me, I shook my head. "nothing, I just . . Your very attractive", I said, and he smiled back at me. "well your not so bad yourself", he said leaning towards me, he put his arms around my waist, and pulled me close so that we were chest to chest.

He looked me in the eyes. "seriously? I am so un-attractive right now", I told him, "just because you think your un-attractive doesn't mean your not attractive to me", he said, he leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips once, before turning to me again and kissing me on the forehead.

"I have news", he whispered to me, "my aunt had the potion delivered today, and you can leave to the human world tonight", Apollyon said, suddenly glee leapt up and I sprang up to hug him, he wrapped his arms around me, and held me tight. "Apollyon that's amazing! that's grate news!", I said. I looked him in the eyes, and he smiled.

"Yes, I know", he said. "In fact I'm having Coraline bring a wine basket to Malthas, and Roxanne so se can take it, and as for us, our last day in hell I would like to spend it well", Apollyon moved his hand from behind his back and revealed a ring.

My body froze at the site of it, he wasn't proposing was he? I felt my hands go to my mouth, as he held it out to me, and took my right hand, in his. "Wendy, my dear Wendy, would you do me the honor of being my official girlfriend?", he said with a sly smile. "at least for now", he added, I nodded my head. I was smiling so wide, and so hard that my cheeks began to ache.

I shook my head and as calmly as I could say out of excitement I squealed out a "yes", and he slid the ring on to the ring finger of my right hand. "Then it is official, your are mine", he said with a gentle voice, he kissed me on the top of my right hand, and lead me away from the doors of my fathers study. "So what's the plan with the potion? how will we get it to Roxanne if she is with Malthas?", I asked Apollyon. "already ahead of you, you see . . There's this nice servant who's name is Coraline, she will deliver the potion in a wine basket, secretly hidden, Roxanne will pour wine for her, and Malthas, as she does so, she will mix the potion with the wine, and drink to whatever awful toast he will give her", Apollyon explained.

The plan was brilliant, he really did have this well thought out. "while she does that, you and me at least have an hour to spend together down here, in Hell before the process", he added. he took his hand in mine and we intwined our fingers together as he opened the door to his room, he led me in, and I sat down on the bed as he walked into his bathroom, and came back out with something behind his back.

"Whats this? another surprise?", I asked him, he walked slowly over to me, turning, and turning his back around so whatever was behind his back was hidden. "I . . Ugh, just thought that . . When we get to the human world, there are a lot of dangerous people, until you learn how to adjust to your powers . . I thought you would like . .", Apollyon brought both his arms around, and placed something on the bed.

But nothing was there, there was a dent in the cushion if the bed though, as if something was sitting there, and the it moved. the cushion if the bed was being pushed down as if something were walking around on it, but it was a tiny thing. I screamed, scared out of my wits by the instant lunge the thing made. it made a squeak something that sound like a sharp chirp of a dog barking, a puppy, and yet it sounded like the instant beep of a bird chirp, like a siren, but yet a fulfilled yelp of a dog.

I almost fell off the bed, but Apollyon caught me, he took my hand and pulled me back up the bed. Even though he was near the moving invisible thing, I stayed a distance on the other half of the bed. Apollyon chuckled, amused, "what's so funny?", I asked him, "it's a hellhound", Apollyon reached out, and touched the invisible being. it then washed over like a blanket being pulled off its body. It revealed a white furry dog, it's tail was a thin long tail that looked like it was wrapped in the material of a whip. the small little dog had not face but a nose, and a snout. I looked to Apollyon confused. "where is its eyes?-", I began to say, as I say the word "eyes" the Hellhound had bright crystal blue eyes appear all over the main part of its face.

There were at least many of them, from an inch on from the Hellhounds snout and up to his ears which were very oddly long, and had flakes of fur coming off the ends making his ears even longer. The little puppy looked up at me with at least thirteen crystal blue eyes.

I looked at the dog in wonder. it was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. And exactly in all my time growing up in hell as a little child I realized in that moment that I had never seen a Hellhound.