Breakfast

Chapter Fifteen.

"My lady?", Salina walked into the room, I closed the book shut closed, and pretended to drop something on the ground and slid the book under my bed as I pretended to retrieve 'what I dropped'.

"Oh, my lady forgive me, I was expecting you not to be here", Salina said, I looked back at her and got off my bed. "why is that?", I asked her, "your father planned a breakfast for all of you", Salina explained, my eyes widened and I began to get dressed into a decent looking dress.

"Is Roxanne there by herself? With Malthas?", I asked Salina, "yes my lady, she is, and Apollyon by himself", she added. "That is no good, I am to be punished by my farher", I said. finally, shoes was all I needed, and I was out the door with Salina rushing after me. "Calm your pace my lady, it has just begun, no need to rush", Salina assured me, but I couldn't help it, I wanted to rush to the dinning room.

I had no explanation, I just felt like something better was there waiting for me.

But I was wrong, as soon as I reache the doors, and pushed then open, I could just hear just the nastiest remark leave my father mouth, a whisper meant to be silent but bounced of the cement walls of the room, and it passed me by, something like "there's the wretched drunk now, probably knowing she messed up".

I lowered my eyes, they filled with hurt and it was obvious."Good morning sister", Roxanne grabbed my attention as I walked down the other side of the table across from her to the empty spot next to Apollyon. "Good morning to you too. . .", My voice quieted as I realized that Roxanne had a bright purple bruise painted around her eye, making her fair skin whiter than it was.

'Don't be so obvious' suddenly her voice was in my head, and I looked at her disturbed. 'it's okay, it's part if my powers, I learned how to do it last night, I finally got them, isn't it great?', she smile at me, and I shook my head. "good morning to you Malthas", I greeted Malthas who sat in his chair beside Roxanne a trip of quilt danced across his face towards me, and I knew, I wasn't stupid, he had hit Roxanne.

"Maybe we should keep our hands, and feet to ourselves, were not in kindergarten again are we?", I kept a stern threatening gaze upon him. "You dare threaten me?", Malthas stood up out of his chair pushing it back behind him, and he leaned on the table looking towards me with a straight glare, was this suppose to scare me? he looked un-satisfied when I didn't budge at him getting up.

"I don't know, you dare hit my sister? and show your face upon my home?", I asked him, he swallowed whatever taste if victory he was looking for In that argument. "your lucky my father doesn't give damn what happens to us, because if I were the one in charge. . could only you imagine what I would do to you for laying a hand on her", I hissed.

"Enough you rats, sit down and eat", my father grumbled loudly, we all did as he said, and I turned to my seat next to Apollyon, who always surprising me with this out-of-nowhere-kindness was standing up tall behind my seat, ready pulled out for me, and waiting for me to sit down. I smiled, and it was a smile very hard to hide when he was standing right there constantly being the source of why I was so happy that moment.

"How long have you been standing there?", I asked him. "Just long enough to see how your posture was when you told Malthas who's boss", Apollyon whispered in my ears as I sat down, and he scooted me into the table. I chuckled a little, and Roxanne's eyes were one me, and him, and she was smiling at how he had made me laugh.