Chapter 7

Pain. It radiated through my body. It eventually gave me a final jolt, which caused me to jump up and gasp. The man I saw from earlier stood in front of me.

"Go get out while you can!" he exclaimed.

"Wha-?"

"GO!"

"Why are you helping me!?" I questioned.

"Because you remind me of my daughter and I would never want anyone to hurt her. Now GO!" the man bellowed.

I quickly got up and ran. I am SO thirsty. I put my hand on my throat and gasped. I NEED to drink something, and this damn sun is killing me.

I continued to wonder until I heard a voice. Her voice.

"I don't care! I told you to leave her body for me and I'd deal with it, Derek!" she hissed at the man who had saved me.

"I'm sorry, I must of heard you wrong! I burned the body and cleaned the evidence so that you would not get caught!" he explained.

"And who do you think would catch me, the police? I can break their necks faster then they could blink!"Natalie screamed with such venom in her voice.

"Listen, I'm sorry, it will not happen again,"

"You're right, it won't."

Natalie shoved a stake through his heart after that fateful line. I almost screamed, but quickly stopped myself.

A man was just killed for saving me. A father nonetheless, he had many years to go.

I looked down at myself, I am such a bloody mess. I stay pressed against a giant brick wall. The click-clack sound of heels is getting louder and I know that she's coming to me. Right when I'm about to run, she turns and goes in the building.

How could I possibly hear that? I look around and suddenly everything is so bright, clear. A girl is walking around, she kinda looks like me. She looks so lost.

"Excuse me," she walked over.

Noticeable dry tears were on her face.

"Have you seen a man in his late 40s? Tall, brown hair- she continued on describing him. That was her father. Derek, the guy who saved me. Dear lord. I'm about to coax her when I hear a thumping. It's so loud I can barely hear anything else. After a couple moments I realize where the source of the pounding is coming from, her heart. She's found her dead father's body. I almost feel bad, until I realize the girl has her hair in a pony, and I look at her neck. I just want to bite her. Wait, what? A vein is pulsing in her neck and just begging me to drink from it.

Before I know it, I've shoved her against the building. My fangs graze her neck until I find the perfect location to sink them into. A metallic tasting liquid gushes into my mouth and I NEVER want to stop. it feel engulfed by the blood, high off of it. I don't want to stop. I can't stop.

Wait what am I doing, her father died protecting me. I pulled away and shoved her back at the wall, she just looked dazed. I'm freaking out.

Wait, am I a..vampire? She looks so scared and fragile now.

"I-I'm so sorry,"

I walk up to her and grab her shoulders. "Listen", I say as I try and compel her. I mean this is what Elijah said right?

"You're going to call the police and tell them what you found, you and your family will all mourn your father but you will know he died a hero. Your father was a good man and he would want you to make him proud. Do not spend your life crying over him. I'm going to leave now before I rip into your jugular. You won't remember me."

And then, I ran. When I ran it was so fast. Everything was moving at alarming rates around me. I need to find Elijah. I continued running until I slammed into a car. Death, is the only thing that crossed my mind, I looked down but I was alive, footsteps came towards me. A concerned man looked down at me, he was bewildered I guess. Something, there something in the air, it smelled Devine. The man had a cut on his finger.

"Are you alright?", the man questioned.

All I could hear was his thumping of the heart and I felt the dryness in my throat. I get a crazy look in my eye.

"I think the better question is, Will you be?"

I do the same to him as I did that man's daughter. My hand lay on his mouth so he couldn't scream. The metallic tasting liquid was so delicious that I couldn't stop. I didn't stop, not until he was dry.

"Oh my," I whisper as his body fell to the ground.

"W-what have I done?!", I screamed as tears spilled over.

"I killed someone!" I cried out and crumpled to ground. I felt sturdy arms around me and looked up. Elijah. I felt no comfort.

"I killed someone! I killed someone! I'm a murderer Elijah! I'm a murder!" I screamed out, crying, kicking, and screaming.

"Megan! Megan calm down!" he yelled.

"Where were you Elijah? She- she killed me I'm a vampire! I killed someone," I continued to scream.

I opened my eyes again and found my self in a house, probably Elijah's .

"Megan calm down. It wasn't your fault."

"WASN'T MY FAULT!? FOR CHRIST SAKE ELIJAH I KILLED SOMEONE!" I screeched. 

"Megan, just listen to me-" he started, but I didn't want to hear anymore so I vanished.