Chapter 21

Silas' dead body lay there. I yell out and feel tears falling down my face. The spell wasn't finished so within seconds I've healed.

Damon runs to me and picks me up. I just continue to cry. I cry because I was so close to practically dying. I cry because Elijah would've have lost me. I cry because Silas is dead. I cry because I know the man I knew died many years ago. I cry because I died at 23 years old and never got to live out my life. I cry because I never wanted any of this. I try to explain to Damon, but he sees how upset I am.

"Shh, Megan, just turn it off," he whispers.

"What? No I can't, Elijah needs me," I say, but I'm practically hyperventilating. I just don't want to feel this way.

"He'll still be here when you turn them back on," he says and rubs my back.

"You need a break, Elijah sent me here to make sure you were okay. He didn't do it himself because something about his word. The world will not end just because you don't feel anything for a while," Damon tells me.

For some reason, I believe him so, I turn it off.

Damon's P.O.V.

I see the light flicker in her eyes and I know it's done.

She needs this. Lately, it's like she has the weight of the world on her shoulders. I hear a rustle in the woods and she smirks. Megan jolts toward the woods and I smell blood. I quickly follow and find her sucking the life out of someone who had the misfortune to be walking in this area.

"Megan, you don't have to bleed him dry," I say and put my hand on her shoulder.

She smirks.

"Fine," she says and snaps his neck.

I realize what a mistake I just made when she whisks away before I can say anything else.

"What do you mean she's turned off her emotions!?" Elijah yells.

"Listen! Lately she's had to deal with so much shit. Finding out her family is alive, having to kill Silas when she nearly died herself, and so much more. I figured she needed a break," I try to explain.

"Damon, a break is going on vacation or doing something fun. Not turning off your bloody emotions!" he shouts.

"Well, there's nothing we can do now but find her and turn her emotions back on," I tell him.

"Yes, because that will be soo simple Damon!" he yells with sarcasm.

"No you know what? You will stay here and I will find her," he says and walks out.

Someone's angry. I grab a drink. She'll be fine, Megan will probably kill a few people, have some fun, and then turn it back on just like every vampire does.

Megan's P.O.V.

I'm in a club dancing, high off of blood. I have never felt better. The guy I'm dancing with is getting too touchy-feely so I bite into his neck and suck him dry. His body drops to the floor.

"What a shame, he was hot," I say and move on.

I start dancing with another guy who looks like an Aéropostale model. He starts getting touchy-feely too, but someone snaps his neck before I can.

Elijah.

I sigh.

"Before we start this conversation, I'm going to get a drink because it'll take a lot to listen to your helpless crap," I say and walk away, trying to find a new partner.

He grabs my arm.

"Come on Megan, I'm taking you home," he says and I laugh.

"Home to where? That miserable apartment I lived in? Or that terrible excuse of a mansion that Niklaus compelled people to build?" I question.

"We can go anywhere you want, darling," he says kindly.

"You know what? Yes, I think I want to get out of here. Just not with you," I say and whisk away so that I'm outside the club.

He follows me.

"Elijah, you are honestly pathetic, chasing me as if I were some sort of a loss puppy. I know exactly what I'm doing and I don't feel bad about it. In fact, I don't feel anything at all," I say and whisk away again. This time, far enough that he won't be able to catch up

Author's Note

Sorry this chapter is kind of short, I'll update soon but woah. Who saw that coming? Please vote and comment, I promise I'll update soon. What do you guys want to see happen?