Chapter 19

Currently, Katerina Petrova has the cure. I have to track her down, and get it.

Apparently, she has a thing for my love, Elijah, so I'll be using that to my advantage.

The plan is that she gives the cure to Elijah believing he'll use it to negotiate her freedom from Niklaus, but really, Elijah will give it to me. Then, I track down Silas and kill him. Simple enough, right? I'm driving to meet Elijah right now. I pull up and see him waiting for me. I shouldn't love him. I was placed here for one purpose and one purpose only, which is to kill Silas.

But Elijah, he makes me feel things that in all my 2,500 years of life I have never felt before. I get out of the car and walk to him.

"Have you seen a man in a suit, about yay high, and dashingly handsome?" I question Elijah.

He just hugs me tight.

"I have the cure, love," he says and shows it to me.

I try and grab it, but he pulls back.

"What happens after after you get rid of Silas? You say you've been sent back to kill him, but what happens afterward? Do we walk off into the sunset or do you leave me?" Elijah questions.

I sigh.

"Honestly Lij, I don't know. I want to be here with you forever, but I defy the balance. Although, I will try as hard as possible to stay here with you, my love,"

"I love you," he says and kisses me.

I feel that familiar spark and smile. He hands me the cure and I put it in my purse. I smile and hug him again.

"I don't know what'd I do without you Lij," I tell him.

"No my love, it's I that wouldn't know what to do without you," he says.

"Well isn't this just sappy?",I hear someone say.

I look over and see a tall brunette who just so happens to be my very DEAD vampire cousin.

"Natalie?!" I almost yell.

There she is, with a smug look on her face.

"I killed you!" Elijah says confused and outraged.

"Miss me?" she laughs.

"How the bloody hell is this even possible?" I ask.

"Someone opened the door to the other side..so I walked right in," she explains with a smirk.

"You killed me," I said, the anger slowly building.

"Let's just hope you stay dead this time," she yells and someone shoves a silver dagger into Elijah's heart.

Natalie comes at me, but I easily pin her down and say.

"Looks like someone hasn't been watching over me. I am much older than you, silly girl. You no longer have any power over me and I am going to send your ass right back where it came from," I tell her.

The look on her face as I rip out her bloody heart is priceless.

"Dumb bitch," I say and look over at the guy who stabbed Elijah.

Fear is evident on his face as he tries to run, but I simply twist my hand and he's dead. I love being a witch.

I pull the dagger out of Elijah and put him in the car. He'll wake up soon. I drive back to Mystic Falls to see what Bonnie Bennet screwed up this time.

I have Rebekah watching Elijah until he awakes and I'm walking up to the highschool, where I feel most of the energy is coming from. I take a second to locate exactly where the magic is coming from, underground.

I race there and find Bonnie on the ground. She's dead.

"Damnit Bonnie!" I yell and run to her body.

I try to find a pulse, but nothing is there. I sigh.

"I was trying to talk to Katsia, that's why I opened the door. I realized my mistake and was going to close it, but I switched my life for Jeremy's. Elena needs him more than me," she says.

I turn around and see her ghost there.

"Bonnie, when someone is dead, they're supposed to stay dead!" I practically yell.

She just sighs. Since the door is open, I can still talk and feel her so I walk up to her. I take her hand and suddenly a woman appears.

"Grams!?" she yells and hugs the witch.

We all hold hands and start to utter the spell to close the door.

I'm strong enough that I could have done it myself, but I didn't want to drain any of my energy.

"It's done," I say and the older witch begins to disappear first. I hold Bonnie's hand before she can leave.

"Elena can't take another death," I murmer and begin the spell to bring Bonnie back.

She tries to stop me, but I continue anyway. Bringing back a human heart requires stopping another, so I let the human part of me flow into her.

I didn't need to be human anyway.

Now I'm just a witch, wolf and vampire. Practically invincible. She sucks in a deep breath and gasps.

"Bonnie?! What's going on? How am I alive!?" Jeremy says and I realize that I didn't even hear him walk in.

"I'll let you explain to him what's happened" I say to her and whisk out.

All of the dead are slowly disappearing. I walk out and find myself on the same bridge I almost died on.

I listen closely and hear my so called family beneath it. Their lives are so sad and miserable. What's the point of even living?

I continue to walk until I hear their screams. I run down and enter only to see them being attacked.

I quickly kill their attackers until I realize, there wasn't even attackers. They were them. My family are all dead, and I think I just killed them.

"W-what?!" is all I manage out.

My eyes get teary and I hear someone walk in. I turn around and see Stefan.

"It hurts doesn't it? Realizing that someone can get inside your head, make you see things, make you do things?" he says.

"Silas. You morbid bastard!" I yell and run at him.

He disappears and I find myself back on the bridge. I never even moved! I still hear my family under the bridge, they're fine. Silas is gone.

"I will find that narcissistic asshole and murder him."