Chapter 16

Elijah and I just drove down to the wonderful city of New Orleans. We arrive at the hotel and Elijah opens the car door for me.

"Elijah?" I say.

"Yes, darling?"

"I love you."

I pull him in for a passionate and strong kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around my waist. His lips are so soft. He pulls back.

"I love you too," he confesses.

I put my head in the crook of his neck and I just try to enjoy this moment where I'm in his arms and he's in mine. I'm really excited though, ever since I was little I wanted to come here. The culture, the sights, the food, the love, it all just sounds like a dream. I'm not even going to think about my family or any drama, I'm just going to try to have fun. I haven't done that in forever. We collect our luggage and walk in. He speaks to the guy at the front desk and gets us a room.

"I heard it has a beautiful view," Elijah says and kisses my forehead. A man comes and takes our luggage for us. I suddenly feel sleepy and he takes me in his arms bridal style.

I awake in an unfamiliar, big beautiful room. The walls are white and the bed is so soft, there are paintings all over the place and a large flat screen t.v. that sits upon an electric fire place. I look over at the clock and see that it's 7 p.m.

I yawn and stretch, then go to find Elijah. I walk into the main room and see him sitting in a brown lounge chair reading a book. I walk over and sit on his lap as he continues to read.

"Hi Elijah," I say and take the book from his hands.

He looks at me and I giggle and kiss him. He laughs.

"Hello Megan," Elijah greets.

I wrap my legs around him and play with his hair.

"Where are we?" I question.

"The city of New Orleans. I got the best hotel room for the best woman," he says and smiles.

"THIS is a hotel room? It looks more like a mansion!" I say and laugh.

"Darling, this is far from a mansion,"

I laugh and kiss him again, but I don't pull away this time. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me in, I put my hand on the back of his head and pull him into me even more. We fit perfectly together, like two puzzle pieces. He pulls back and I pout. Elijah puts his finger under my chin and lifts my head up a bit.

"Go on and get dressed, darling, I have a perfect evening planned for us," he says and I smile.

Excitement fills me. I peck him on the cheek and quickly get up. He lightly smacks my bum.

"Elijah Mikaelson! Who knew," I say and laugh.

I whisk to the bathroom and find a beautiful and elegant purple dress. After slipping it on, I realize how much it hugs my curves. I find a bag of makeup, did he seriously buy all this stuff while I was asleep? Classic Elijah. I do a smokey eye to match my dress and curl my hair. I look in the mirror, my hips look huge and my waist looks so tiny. My breasts are covered since the dress goes up to my neck but they still look huge. I look incredible. I slip on a pair of black heels and walk out.

"Elijah, I'm ready!" I say.

I find him wearing a suit, like always, but he still looks hot. He just stands there eyeing my from head to toe. I start to feel antsy because he still hasn't said anything.

"My love, you are the most beautiful creature I've ever laid eyes on," he admits.

I laugh, relieved.

"You don't look so bad yourself," I laugh and grab his extended hand.

Once we take the elevator down and go outside, a limo awaits.

"A limo!?" I ask/yell.

He nods and opens the door for me. I've never been in a limo. I walk in and take a seat.

He follows.

"Megan, you must wear a blindfold until we arrive," he says.

"Alright," I smile and he puts it on.

"As long as wherever we're going doesn't have chickens or hens or anything like that. I'm scared to death of them," I admit and laugh.

"Why?" he questions and continues.

"You are a vampire you could snap their necks faster then they could blink!" he says.

"Elijah! I'm a Vegeterian! And when I was younger I was attacked by one!" I say.

"Oh I'm sorry my love, don't worry, I assure you there are no hens and there will be no meat," he says and pulls me close to him. I still can't see anything.

"So what have you planned?" I question.

"It's a surprise," he whispers.

"Elijahhh," I moan and he laughs and kisses my cheek.

"We're almost there, darling," he chuckles.

A few moments later the driver says something in another language and Elijah replies in the same tongue.

He helps me out of the limo.

"I didn't know you speak another language!" I say.

"My darling you don't know many things about me that I hope you'll find out tonight," he says and unwraps my blindfold.

"Oh my God," I whisper.

We're standing on the top of a grassy green mountain with a picnic basket and beautiful lights. A rose sits in a glass on the blanket next to the basket.

"Elijah it's beautiful. Thank you," I say and hug him.

We sit down and this view is incredible. I can see the entire city from up here.

"Dig in, darling,"

I start eating and the food is amazing. He smiles and pops off the top of the wine bottle.

"Wine?"

"You don't have to ask me twice," I say and grab a glass.

"A toast. To love and eternity," I say, we clink glasses and drink up.

"So, Elijah, you know so much about me and I barely know anything about you. Tell me," I say and spend the rest of the evening listening to his wonderful stories of the past.

Author's Note

Hey guyssss! thank you so so so much for all the reads! please comment and vote (: Give me feedback! And I'm open to suggestions!