Chapter 10

Damon and I have literally gone to every store in this damn mall. He offered to pay, but I just compelled the people. Hey, I've got these 'vampire powers' so why not use them to my advantage.

"I'm hungry, let's eat," I say to Damon.

"What're you in the mood for?" he asks.

"Salad, cheese fries, and Pepsi with a hint of blood," I tell him and wink. I've surprisingly been able to control the urge.

We walk over to Nathan's and order. I compel the lady to pour her blood in my drink and Damon orders the rest.

We walk over to the table and start to eat. I start shoving the fries down my throat.

"Damnn girl"Damon says.

I just laugh.

"Manners are for ladies, last time I checked.." I sip my bloody Pepsi, "I'm a vampire,"

He laughs.

"You're doing really well with all of this," he noticed.

"Well, it's either enjoy it or cry about my dead family and ex boyfriend," I tell him.

We finish our food and leave. We enter his awesome car and he drives.

"I have the feeling that Elena doesn't like me," I say and laugh.

"Just try not to bite her head off...I love her," he says.

"You what!? Damon she's with your brother! We all know how that ended up last time," I say referring to Katherine.

"I can not help who I love," he admits sadly and I immediately feel bad. Me of all people should understand.

"Oh I know Damon, I'm sorry. Just don't get your self hurt all right?"

He smiles.

"You're a good friend Megan," I laugh and mock his signature smirk.

"Shit" he mutters.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.
We have arrived at the boarding house.

"We have company," he breathed.

I take a deep breath. Elijah. I recognize his scent. An aggravated noise escapes me as I pick up my bags and stomp in. I see everyone sitting silently on the couch. Elijah has obviously threatened to snap Elena's neck because Stefan looks unsure of what to do and Elijah has Elena in his custody. I drop my bags and Elijah turns.

"Megan-" he starts.

"Don't Elijah! I'm sick of your crap. And don't you dare come in here and threaten my friends!" I yell as I push him off Elena. I move Elena towards Stefan and she runs into his arms.

"Megan you don't understand. She came onto me," he says.

"Yes Elijah! My cousin who just so happened to snap my neck kissed you and you just happened to stand there and kiss her back. Elijah, I'm not in the mood for your shit. Leave," I say sternly.

"Megan please.."

Tears are coming into my eyes.

"Elijah just leave please. I can't deal with this right now," my voice breaks.

He looks down and disappears. I take in a deep breath.

"T-thank you," Elena says.

"Anytime," I reply sarcastically and go upstairs.

I lock myself in my room and tears start rolling down my face. Damon is knocking on the door.

"Leave me be," I whisper.

"I want to be there for you Megan. Let me in," he says.

I just sit there quietly and he breaks the lock and walks in. He immediately comes to where I am sitting on the floor and hugs me. This causes tears to come down my face.

"I love him, Damon," I whisper and he rubs my back and holds onto the back of my head. I don't know what I would do without Damon. He smells like strawberries, this cause me to laugh.

"What's so funny?" he asks.

"You smell like strawberries," I say and bite my lip. He shakes his head. I'm snuggled into his arms and holding onto his waist.

"I wish my family was here. Mom would know exactly what to do," I say and smile sadly.

"She always did," I whisper.

I pull away, but just change position so I'm laying in to him and he has his arm around my waist.

"Tell me about them," he says.

"Oh they were magnificent. Mum was a writer, she wrote books and poems and she journaled her entire life. Dad was a firefighter, he saved so many lives. My two brothers were amazing, they were twins and we did everything together," I tell him.

"They sound amazing," Damon whispers.

"Oh they were...Damon thank you. I honestly do not know what I'd do if it wasn't for you," I tell him.

He smiles and that's when I know I love him, not in love, but like family. Someone knocks on our door. Human, I can hear the blood pumping through their veins, probably Elena. I sigh and get up to answer it.

"Hey Megan, um, I was wondering if you'd like to go to lunch with me, you know, like to say thank you and start over," Elena questions.

Normally I'd chuck her against the wall, but Damon is basically begging me through silence.

"Alright," I tell her and go to get my bag.

Damon gets up.

"See ya in a bit," I tell him and give him a hug. I walk out with Elena. This shall be interesting.