Chapter 9

"I'm so going to kick your ass!" I yelled to my brother.

We're playing one of his favorite video games.

"No way little sis!" he exclaimed.

My brother jumped on me and started tickling me.

"No! I yell as I go into a giggling fit.

Suddenly his face goes blank and everything around us turns white except for him and I.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" I question and look around.

"It's your fault, Megan," he nearly spits out my name.

"What, I don't understand?"

I'm confused as all hell.

"It's. All. Your. Fault." he says again.

I stand quiet for a second. Wait, is he referring to "The car crash?" I ask and begin to feel guilty. I get a pit feeling in my stomach.

"We're all dead because of you!" he bellows.

"No! No! No! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"I squeal as tears spill over.

"You're a monster," he snarls.

"No, I didn't want for this to happen, please," I say and cup my hand on his face. He pushes my hand off with such disgust and hatred.

"It's all your fault," he whispered as he disappeared.

"No, don't you dare leave me again!" I yell.

"Stop it! Please brother, I'm sorry I am so sorry."

My body is shaking uncontrollably and I'm sobbing like a baby.

"Megan!" someone shouts.

"Megan!"

I open my eyes and find myself in Damon's arms. He was shaking me to wake me up. I stare at him for a couple moments and then look away

"It's my fault," I whisper softly.

"What's your fault?" he questioned.

"It is all my fault Damon! It is all my fault!" I cry and shake in his arms trying to get out.

"Megan, Megan! Shhh shh" he tries to relax me.

I'm in my undergarments and an open white button up shirt because I was too hot in this room last night. Damon brought me up because I fell asleep on his shoulder. I'm trying to calm my breathing, the tears are drying on my face. I look at him and start crying all over again. He still doesn't understand.

"Damon, they're all dead because of me," I whisper as tears fall.

He finally understands what I'm talking about.

"No, That's not your fault Megan! You did not cause that, it was a terrible car crash! Nobody can change what happened,"

I cry into the crook of his neck. He just pets my hair. I take deep breaths and we sit like that for a while.

"Umm.." I hear and look up.

I see a petite brunette and a muscular guy with a squarish chin. Damon coughs.

"Uh, Megan, this is Elena and my brother Stefan. Stefan and Elena this is my friend Megan," Damon says.

I still have my head on his chest. I just bite my lip and wave.

"Damon, what did you do to her? Did you compel her to come here?" Stefan questions and pauses, "You turned her didn't you?"

"N-no no," I say and they all look at me. The brunette, I mean Elena is giving me the evil eye. Someone looks jealous.I sit up completely and cover my chest.