Chapter 11

We've arrived at the grill and take a seat. A waiter comes by and eyes me funny.

"Oh Matt, this is Damon's friend Megan," Elena says.

"She's Damon's friend?" he questions, confusion evident on his face.

He most likely knows what Damon is.

"I mean none of you any harm. I'm only here for a bit until I can find somewhere to stay far away from here," I tell him.

"Oh okay well I'm Matt,"

He extends his hand and I grab it.

"Megan,"

He smiles and takes our orders. When he walks away he gives Elena a longing look.

Where they?

"You went out with him before all this vampire business, didn't you?" I question.

Shock is evident in her face.

"Uh yeah, wait how'd you know that?" she asks.

"Wild guess? I'm very good at reading people,"

She nods as out food arrives.

"So, how'd you become a vampire?"

I sigh.

"Long story short, my family died a few years ago in a car crash, so I moved in with my Aunt and she abused me. I ran away when I was 18 and became a stripper because I could not make money any way else and don't look at me like that, I'm a virgin. Anyway, I got as you can say, 'involved' with Elijah. I recently found out that my cousin used to be with him. She was an incredibly jealous vampire so she tortured me and snapped my neck. When I died, I had vampire blood in my system. I escaped and killed a person, freaked out and tried to find Elijah only to find my cousin making out with him and he wasn't exactly pushing her away," I say and give her a second to take it all in.

"Wow, I'm so sorry...My parents died in a car crash too," she said.

Now I felt bad for her.

"I'm sorry about your parents as well," I tell her.

Suddenly I'm confused.

"Hold on a second. How do you guys know Elijah?" I question.

"Oh, see his creepy brother Klaus used me in a ritual along with my aunt that he turned into a vampire and some werewolf chick so that he can become a hybrid. I should've died but my friend who's a witch did a spell thingy so that I could live and my biological father would die. My parents that died in the crash were really my aunt and uncle but I didn't figure that out until after they died. Anyway, now Klaus wants to make hybrids and he's figured out that he needs my blood to do it. Elijah was the one that kept all of my friends and family safe during that time period," she explains.

"So you're basically a walking blood bag for Klaus?"

"If you put it like that then, yep,"

"Damn,"

"Did you finish highschool?" she asks.

"Yeah, I was valedictorian,"

"Oh wow!" Elena exclaims.

"Yep, it was because of my mom though. She was so intelligent," I tell Elena and sigh.

"So who's your witch friend?" I question.

"Oh it's my friend Bonnie. We've been close since we were little kids, she found out not too long ago that she was a witch, but now she's very strong," Elena explains.

"Sounds interesting," I tell her and laugh.

Her phone begins to ring.

"Hello" someone says on the other line.

Stefan.

"Hey,whats up?" Elena questions.

"'Klaus has Damon and refuses to let him go until he has you. If he doesn't get you by 6 o'clock...Damon will die," he says.

Rage. It engulfs me.

"What!? I'll be right there!" she assuress.

"No. I need Megan to take you somewhere safe. I'll figure it out," he says.

"No I-" she begins but I grab the phone.

"I'll get her to safety and them I'll be on my way," I tell Stefan and then hang up.

"Where is this witch of yours? I have a plan."