Chapter 13

I just fed on a shady man I found on a street corner, leaving just enough blood so that he could recover...eventually. Damon found some stripper and is slowly sucking the life out of her.

"Damon, we feed to satisfy our needs, not kill," I reprimand.

He pulls back from her, sighs and compels her to forget.

"Shall we take a walk?" I ask.

He mocks my tone and replies with a "We Shall."

I link my arm in his and we walk through the night. The moon is at it's peak, so the power within me feels like it's about to erupt, I love it. I look over at Damon.

"You could have the decency to wipe your face, you know," I tell him and remove a handkerchief from my pocket. I dab at the blood on his face and look into his electrifying eyes as he stares back  into mine. Our faces are inches apart and he moves in, our lips brush and he pushes me against a tree. He looks at me with pure lust and kisses me up and down my neck.

"D-Damon stop,"

He doen't listen. I throw him off of me.

"Listen I'm in love with Elijah and you're in love with Elena and we both are experiencing longing, but we shouldn't mix that up and cause a bad thing that we will later regret to occur. I love you Damon, but as a brother alright," I say and hug him tight.

"I'm so sorry Megan. I don't know what I was thinking,"

I smile.

"Right now Damon, you're the only good thing that I've got andI REFUSE to lose that," I tell him and pull away.

Suddenly I hear clapping and someone says "Well wasn't that touching?"

Klaus.

I sigh.

"Damon, leave," I command and this time he doen't hesitate.

"Scared?" Klaus questions with a smirk.

"Not the least bit...but you should be," I tell him and stare into his beautiful, yet cold eyes.

He snickers.

"I've heard you speak before and you are obviously very intelligent for a woman your age," he says as he circles me.

"And you are obviously very stupid for a man of yours," I tell him.

I feel the rage and anger slowly building up in me along with the power. This shall be good. 

"Niklaus," I say, calling him by his real name.

"You've chosen the wrong night to challenge me," I tell him with a wicked look in my eye.

"Oh no, love, it is you who has chosen the wrong night to challenge me," he says and smirks.

Klaus whistles and suddenly about 20 people appear. I look up at the moon, shit. These are probably his hybrids and if one bites me I'm as good as dead. I'll survive for the month, but once this spell is done I will die.

"I-i can take them," I say

"Oh you don't sound so sure, love" he says.

I need to stall.

"Why are you going to sacrifice so many of your men? You know how hard those Salvador brothers will fight to keep you away from Elena's blood to create more. Why don't you just fight your own battles? These hybrids might be sired to you, but that is fake loyalty," I tell him.

He laughs and snaps his fingers. 

A brunette appears in front of me and attacks, I snap her head all the way around. Another three hybrids come at me. I plant a swift kick into one's nose that pushes his face in, I pull out the heart of one and smash into the other. This stuns him for a moment, so I snap his arm and knee him in the face. I continue breaking and killing another 10.

7 more. I appear behind one so fast that to her it feels like a breeze. I stake her in the chest , the other 6 come at me all at once. Since I have my increased speed it feels like everything is going in slow motion. One plans on snapping my neck so I snap his. Another tries to kick me, but I grab his ankle and twist it all the way around. They keep coming at me until there is one left. I can feel how powerful this one is. I circle him and he circles me. I hear a sound and turn as he jumps on me. I'm on the ground trying to push him off of me and he nips into my neck and I quickly snap his head off. A look of complete horror is on my face, he bit me.

I'm going to die. I slowly stood up and placed my hand on my neck. Klaus stands there looking stunned, but pleased that I was bit, tears come into my eyes and everything goes black.