Chapter 20

Author's Note
Hey guys! Oh my gosh you are all so amazing! I have nearly 5,000 reads on this!!! I know I haven't been updating a lot but I updated last night and since I'm so happy I'll update again! This is one of the favorite things I've written so far.So here is another chapter filled with vampires, werewolves, witches, murder, flashbacks, reappearances and the most important of all, love.

I'm currently sitting on my bed with some natural witch herbs. I recently travelled to an old home of mine and dug up something I was given a very long time ago. It was a necklace. One that Silas had given me. You see, him and I were as you can say "involved" when we first met.

He was such a kind person and we loved eachother, but then he got caught up in a love triangle between the original doppelgänger Amora and that crazy witch bitch Katsia. I never found her remotely attractive.

I'm going to use this necklace to try and locate him. Once I do so, I will find him, and murder him. I am stronger than I ever have been and I am 500 years older than him, since he is 2,000.

I've blocked him out of my mind so that can not get to me. No one can. I start to mumble the familiar spell and put the necklace on a map.

It moves toward a place I know very well. The place where Silas and I first met.

I grab the cure and place it in my pocket. I then drink a couple blood bags and toss them in the trash.

After a pep talk to myself, I'm ready to kill him.

Right when I was walking out the front door, Elijah catches up to me.

"Darling, where are you off to?" he questions.

"I'm going to end Silas. This will be very dangerous and I want you to promise me that you will not follow. If I do not return, don't look for me," I tell him.

I hope I do return, I hope I kill Silas and get to continue to live, I hope he doesn't kill me and I hope the witches on the other side will give me strength. But that is all I can do, hope.

"You act as if you will not return," he says sadly.

"I will, don't worry. I love you," I say and kiss him.

"Now give me your word,"

"I give you my word that I will not follow you." he says and hugs me tightly.

Elijah then kisses me and sends me off with love.

I must survive, that man has went through so much pain and he can not lose me. I do not drive because Silas would hear me. I quickly run to the area and find him sitting by a tree and looking out at the water. I walk out and make my presence known. "You know, you almost look like the man I once loved," I say and he looks up.

"Ah, but that man died many years ago," he says almost sadly and stands.

I walk closer and sigh.

"And he was supposed to stay dead"bI say and attack him.

He pushes me against a tree and stakes me, too bad that won't work on me. I just laugh and tackle him to the ground.

I get him in a position in which I can snap his neck within seconds. "Silas, you have killed and tortured hundreds and thousands of innocent people. You were a terrible witch, and an even worse vampire. That's why I feel no shame in doing this!" I say and instead of snapping his neck like he thought I'd do, I shove the cure down his throat.

He chokes and falls to the floor.

"What did you do!?" he yells.

"I fixed a mistake," I whisper.

He falls to the ground and passes out. I then have a flashback that I wish I didn't have.

It's 250 AD and I'm walking towards a small stand I see on the corner. A dashingly handsome man stands before me. He looks over and his eyes light up.

"What may I do for you?" he asks in a language that is no longer spoken.

I'm wearing a beautiful long white dress with a belt made of real gold and a flower in my long, black, wavy hair. I look at the his stand and see a gorgeous necklace.

"This is beautiful," I say, disregarding his question.

"It would look devine on a goddess like you," he says and I laugh.

"Thank you, what would you like to trade for it?" I ask him and begin to search through my bag.

"Nothing, it would be the greatest honor to give this to you for absolutely nothing in return. May I?" he asks as he picks up the necklace. He wants to put it on me.

"Of course," I say and move my hair to the side. The stranger places the necklace around my neck and his hands feel so warm against it that it nearly sends shivers down my back.

"Thank you so much. To whom do I have to thank for this magnificent gift?" I ask.

He smiles and says "I am Silas, son of O'Riley."

"I am Victoria, daughter of many," I say with a smirk upon my face. He looks confused and I giggle.

"It was so nice to meet you, Silas. When may I see you again?" I question.

"Whenever you please. I am always here, my lady," he says and kisses my hand.

I smile at him and walk away holding onto the beautiful gift that I had just received.

Here I sat now, missing those days, but I know that they're long gone. He was the first man that I had ever loved. I stare at him and wish that I didn't have to do this and that my Silas was still inside him, but he is a monster. He needs to be stopped before he causes hell on Earth.

I begin to hear the pitter patter of his heart. His eyes slowly flutter open and he gasps for air. He yells the oh to familiar words "I will kill you!" when he realizes what was done.

I sigh and run to snap his neck, but hesitate for the slightest second. In that moment of hesitation, he gives me multiple aneurisms and I gasp in pain.

"How can you-" I gasp out in pain, "hurt me?!"

"Did you not forget? I was once a strong witch?!" he yells.

Of course I didn't forget, but I do not remember him being this strong. He slams me against a tree and I feel pain radiating down my back. I let out a terribly loud howl and fall onto my back. Silas stands in front of me and starts uttering the desiccation spell because he can not truly kill me.

"Stop! You will kill yourself once it's done!" I yell out and grab onto my neck, desperately trying to breath.

"It will be worth it," he mutters and I see the veins on my body begin to darken and climb. I'm soon paralyzed from the waist down and a tear escapes my eye because I know that no living witch will ever be able to undo this spell once it is done. The veins continue to climb up my arms and neck.

"I love you Elijah," I whisper.

They crawl up my chin and I know I am a goner. I close my eyes, I do not want my last sight to be of this morbid creature.

I hear a sickening crack and look up.

"Damon."

Author's Note

If only all guys were like old Silas, right?