Part 9

Today is the first day of spring. Yesterday we found out that the baby is a girl! I get dressed in shorts and loose crop top, throw my hair up, wear light make up and meet Josh at the car. He made me wear this shirt to show off my slightly bulging belly, making it's public debut. We arrive at the mall and walk around all day. Until we see the Baby GAP, might as well shop away. I see Josh looking at a little pink dress and can't help but smile.

We get back home and I'm exhausted from all of the walking. Josh massages my feet as I eat my extra large fruit salad and a smoothie. I flip the TV to E!News, right as Josh and I appear on the screen.

"They work fast," I murmur.

"Josh Hutcherson and his beautiful girlfriend Maddie Hanchey were seen at the Baby GAP today, looking at newborn girls clothes! Maddie sporting a small baby bump. What are your thoughts? To soon for a baby? Send us your thoughts on our Twitter page!"

"Well, it could have been worse, but now the attention will never leave," Josh says.

I sigh as I get up to set my bowl in the dishwasher, I'm gulping down a glass of water when I feel something shift in my stomach.

"Josh! The baby is moving," I yell.

He runs in and sets both of his hands on my stomach.

"Right here," I tell him as I move his hand to where I felt the kick.

He looks up at me with a giant grin on his face, he lifts me up and spins me around, placing a kiss on my lips. That night we fall asleep with hugs smiles on our faces.

In the morning we go out for breakfast. It's a buffet and I end up eating 3 stacked plates. On our way home, we get stuck in traffic.

"The traffic is terrible today," Josh says.

It starts moving again slowly, but as we round the corner an 18-wheeler hits my side of the car, flipping it several times before I black out from the pain.

***

When I wake up, my bottom half is sore. I have an oxygen mask on and have a small headache. I look beside me and see Josh in similar condition. Why am I in a hospital? I don't know what happened...

Next time I wake, Michelle is in the room. I notice her crying, so I ask, "What's wrong? What happened?"

"You were in a car accident," she says, "You...you lost the baby."

I sob so loud it stirs Josh, who is well enough to come sit by me. I close my eyes, letting the tears come. I start trembling, but that only makes the pain worse. Josh wraps his arms around me and cries with me.

Sometimes you don't know why bad things happen, but they do and you can't do anything to stop it.