Part 12

***Josh's POV***

It's mid October, we've been trying for a month now. I'm waiting outside the bathroom, when Maddie opens the door I see the sparkle in her eye, she looks at me and frowns.

"Let's go to a bar," she says.

We get dressed, and ride on my motorcycle to the bar. 

When the bar tender asks what we want, Maddie says, "Give me the strongest damn thing you have."

I just get a bud light since I have to drive back. We go back home and have a lazy day.

***Mddie's POV***

If I see one more negative test, I'm going to scream. Every time it comes back as negative, we go to the bar. We're regulars now... A week later, we decide to try again.

Josh is in the bathroom with me and when I see what's on test.

I collapse into Josh, "I'm done," I tell him, "I can't do this anymore."

I walk out of the bathroom, grab a beer and a cigarette, and walk outside. I let the tears flow freely as the door closes.

Josh sits down beside me, "You know, if we are both so depressed maybe it's just not the time for a kid."

"Josh this question has been shooting me down, answer honestly. Do you think I need help, with my drinking and smoking problem?" I ask.

"To be honest, let's just try to stop. We can work on it together, and if we can't, then we get help," he suggests. I nod in agreement, pouring out my beer.

"Josh, I do think we need to resolve all of our problems before we try for kids. We aren't even together, like, married or anything so we don't really need kids right now," I say.

"Are we just young and stupid?" He bursts in,

"We're young, we're wild, we're free. Nothing stopping us from living life but ourselves."

"We don't have to stop ourselves, let's do something... How about tonight, a concert maybe? We can get Andre and Avan, some more people to come along," I suggest.

"I'll call around, see what kind of tickets I can get with connections."

***

Avan, Andre, Logan (Lerman), and Kristen (Stewart) meet us as the Staples Center to see The Lumineers. Josh was able to get us amazing seats. The whole night, we sing along and dance to the songs. Let's just say Josh singing is definitely something. When the concert is over we go to a fancy Italian restaurant.

As I'm eating, my phone vibrates... It's my doctor.

Me: "Hello"

Doctor: "Hello, Maddie. We have been running tests on everything... And we have some unfortunate news."

Me: "Which is?"

Doctor: "The reason you can't properly produce children is because you have stage 3 ovarian cancer."

Me: "Alright what do I need to do?"

Doctor: "Get insurance and all of your medical records brought to me within the next week. You can come in tomorrow around 9AM so we can discuss what needs to be done."

Me: Thanks, goodbye.

I hang up the phone with tears in my eyes. Cancer. I have cancer.

Right as my view is getting fuzzy, Josh steps in front of me, "What's wrong?"

"Cancer," I tell him. "I have cancer."

 BOOM! There is the big news! Please vote