Chapter 1 Lauren

"How do you do that?" I asked

"How do you do that?" I asked. Bella looked at me blankly like I just said the worst possible thing in the world to her.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But you got an one hundred on the hardest test yet, and your mad?!," I said  rather loudly as she looked down and smiled with a little chuckle.

"Are you doing anything this weekend?" I asked Bella trying to change the subject. She shook her head side to side and her blonde hair simmered under the school lights. Usually school lights make everything look bad, but Bella doesn't look bad in anything or anywhere at that.

"Well I was thinking... if you would like to come over tonight or something?" I asked while sitting down at a lunch table with her. She quickly got out her homework, and started it. Like always, Bella is an overachiever. I rolled my eyes while putting my hand ontop of her homework. She scarred at me like a lion ready to pounce.

"Oh come on please. PLEASE. PPLLEEAASSSEE!" I started to yell. Eveyone in the room looked at me with akward faces and disgusted thoughts. The only person who didn't look at me was Nick Fredrik. He thinks he is the best guy on the planet just because his dad is this big money rich guy. I've had at least one class with him every year since grade school. Makes me sick to think about. I started talking back to his rude comments in the third grade after he called me poor because I had a wooden pencil. That word just through me off. I couldn't handle him anymore. I hated him, and that was official. That was also the first and last time I went to the office for getting into a fight. Nick ended up with one less tooth and a bloody nose.
He asked me out in the fourth grade in front of everyone at one one of the football games; I turned him down before he even got to "Will you go to Homec..." I knew he was going to ask me out because he got down on one knee and held out a gummy ring (which he did to his last eight girlfriends). He didn't talk to me for the rest of the year after I turned him down (he still gave me the gummy ring though). By the next day he already had another girlfriend, Karle Grahov. I rolled my eyes at him and worked on my coloring sheets, which I nailed in fourth grade. Woop woop.

Bella still just looked at her homework with intensity. I took her hand and said, "A 100 is not going to kill you." Bella is always use to getting 110 on test, but this test didn't have any extra points and she got real mad. I'm just lucky if I pass with an eight-five.

"I wish we could skip highschool one day or something," I sarcastically murmured turning my head to the ceiling.

"You wouldn't. That is illegal you know!" She yelled out. Her face turned red after everyone drew there eyes from me to her. Her voice was so beautiful. Her British accent is perfect. Whenever Bella gets mad a British accent comes out, and it is hilariously awesome.

"Ha! I knew I could get you to talk," I loudly said. Somehow I felt bad for getting Bella to yell, but also her accent made up for my guilt. We both started to laugh and eat our food: mac-n-cheese (which looks moldy), galactic garlic bread that is lightsaber burnt, and expired milk. Yay. My stomach growled, so I closed my eyes and ate the garlic bread. Once you get past the burnt outside... no never mind. I spit it back out onto my food tray.