chapter 37 Joshua

Bella was gone

Bella was gone. My heart raced. The world got dark.

My eyes opened with blood running down my face. I couldn't tell where it was coming from, but I scrambled to my feet and was ready to attack. My eyes looked right then to the left waiting for a attacker.

Bella came from a tree jumping in my back. We laughed and laughed until she started to attack me. A knife launched up to my neck as she dragged me away. The knife left a scar, but nothing to serious.

She starred into my eyes with fear. I could tell she was in pain. Her eyes dug into my skull like a million arrows. My brain yelled as my eyes burned.

What is going on?

Bella punched me in the stomach. I gasped for air as she took the air from around my head just like Claire in the arena, but with air.

I gasped for air making my body cripple down into a ball. Stars filled my vision. Blood danced on my nose. Then I could breath.

I opened my eyes to see Crystal punching Bella until she had fainted. Then Crystal looked at me like she had never seen me before.

"It's me," I said, "Joshua."

Her eyes dug into my body. I looked at her intently until I realized she had yellow colored eyes not her beautiful blue eyes. Brown hair flowed in her face as she stabbed Bella in the heart with a knife making me throw up.

Why is this world so much more violent.

Bella opened her eyes as Crystal took the knife out. The hole in her stomach closed quickly after like play dough or something. Both of their eyes yellowed as they looked at me.

I scooted back toward the nearest tree. Pulling my sword out I jumped to my feet swinging it back and forth.

"I can't!" I yelled, "I won't!"

Bella starred at me confused. Her eyes drained from yellow to blue then back to yellow. She was trying to fight it.

I woke up.

Heria was shaking me violently with her hands. My head jerked up and down hitting the dirt.

"Hey, ow!" I screamed at her.

"I told you I'd wake you up, I didn't say how," she said, "and besides seemed you were having a nightmare."

"Yellow eyed people attacked me," I gulped down.

"Oh yep, puppets," Heria added.

"What are these, um well, puppets," I asked eating a peice of bread from my bag.

"Julie Ann takes people and turns them into her puppets. She can control them and their spirit animal at will. First their eyes turn yellow, then they forget everything. If they are puppets for too long... they... they... they well turn into permanent puppets," she answered.

The last sentence threw me off guard as the last bite of bread flung out of my mouth onto Heria face.

"Oops," I joked.

Heria stood up looking at me with disgust and anger. She went to clean up as I also cleaned up myself. I took Ureky out of passive form and he sat on top of the table. His beautiful feathers gleamed in the sunlight as rays broke threw the roof like shelter.

We road our horses for hours into the woods. Ureky above us and Heria's spirit animal still in dormant state. I wanted to ask about her animal, but I decided not to.

After four hours the tracks we followed suddenly started to disappeared. It didn't rain and there was no wind. Confusing.

Heria studied the ground looking at the dirt and the trees. At one point she hugged an oak tree then got back on her horse.

"What do you think they want with just Bella?" I asked.

"You know, so she doesn't fulfill the prophecy," she answered plainly.

"There has to be more!" I demanded.

"Fine, fine, okay," she said clearing her throat, "Bella is the chosen one which means she has the power of every single element in the world. That is why she won and why her spirit animal is a shape shifter. The only thing is it only happens once every one hundred years. Julie Ann wants that power so she can control the universe."

I looked at the trail as I asked, "Why didn't she just get the one from a hundred years ago?"

"Well because Faxtal is so old, but not aged, Julie Ann wouldn't stand a chance and she knows that," she answered hugging another tree.

A answer hit me as we pasted another tree.

Bella is going to be drained from her power until she dies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                ○●○●
I hope yall liked the chapter. Please give me some pointers. And to remind you these are all 1st drafts.
THANKS🤗🤗