Chapter 5 Bella

It was dark

It was dark. Not pitch black, but the greenish darkness that barely allowed shapes to form. All I could smell was the tang of seaweed, all I could hear was the breaking of waves.

My hair twisted around in the wind who was trying to kill me with coldness. My eyes wondered around with each wave as they crashed against the shore. A tear rolled down my cheek down to my hand. The cold harsh wind made it feel like ice dripping down from the clouds. Suddenly footsteps appeared out of the waves music.

"Is this seat taken?" Luke asked as he pointed beside me.

I slowly shook my head. His feet jumped into action as he went down to sit beside me. He looked out at the sun rising as I looked at the hypnotizing waves. Another tear rolled down my face, but I seemed it was slower, warmer, and bigger.

Luke looked over at me as my tear was on my chin. He rubbed it away. My face turned red, but my embarrassment showed my tomato face.

Is he a good guy?

Was he actually a guy who cares about me?

I looked at him with a faint smile formed on his face. My heart jumped almost 600 paces as a faint smile formed on my face too.

"Are you okay?" He asked with sad puppy blue eyes. I looked back out to the ocean while the smile disappeared into dust.

"I'm fine." I answered, "Just a little shaken that's it." He put an arm around my neck. I started breathing hard. He started bringing his arm back but it was so warm and soothing that I leaned my head on his shoulder. He looked at me. His muscles tensed up as he put his arm back around me.

"Will you go out with me?" I whispered. He starred at me like I was crazy until I looked at him straight in the eyes and asked again.

"Um..." he said, "I would love to." I put my hands on both sides of his face aimed it at mine and kissed him.

The next day my heart raced. Claire and I were both coming to Lauren's house.

Will Claire find out mine and now Lauren's secret? The question poisoned my head like tiny bees trying to live in my brain.

Buzz. My phone went off. The sweet sound of an orcas calls made me pick it up knowing it was a call. It was Luke. Last night was a blur. I couldn't remember much after I kissed him. All I know is I was in bed by morning.

My phone buzzed and said you have one new voice-mail. I looked at the phone and pressed the voice-mail button. It started reading off some words and then I heard Luke's voice, "Hey Bella. If you are there please pick up. I need to talk to you. If you would just please don't tell anyone we are girlfriend and boyfriend. Will you call me back? Bye." My eyes wandered off my screen to my hands which were shaking like a chihuahua.

Oh, right he's my boyfriend. I never knew how thoughtful he was until last night near the beach.

My hands fumbled around my room looking for clothes and essentials. Once I got everything I got in my car and drove over to Lauren's house. I walked up to her door fixed my hair and knocked.