Chapter 12

A little explaining for chapter 11.5: the .5 chapters are for the 'bad guy' characters. Also, the chapters no longer have the little starting unless I decide to change it for some reason. Kay bye.

  Henry's eyes widen and he starts to panic. "What happened? Are the zombies coming??" He asks as soon as Anna slams the wooden shed's door closed. "What the hell do you think, West?! Now help me barricade this door!" Henry's eyes widen in horror as the door gets pushed open again, Anna slamming it shut while ending up snapping a zombie's forearm off and into the shed. He snaps out of it and pushes a large box and wooden chair over.
  Henry props the chair up against the handles of the door then pushes the heavy box in front of the chair. Anna lets out a huff of breath she didn't know she was holding. "Thanks.. I guess. Since you were the one who kinda started this whole thing in the first place." Henry laughs sheepishly and rubs the back of his neck. "Sorry.. Anyways, let's keep barricading this so we don't die."
  "Good idea."

Juliette and Owen walk into the house, bashing metal pots together and screaming. "I AINT GOT NO SLEEP CAUSE OF Y'ALL! Y'ALL NOT GON GET NO SLEEP CAUSE 'A ME!-" Owen cut off Juliette by bursting out laughing and dropping the pots. "Wh-what the fuck??" As he continues laughing that silent laugh and clapping like a seal, Juliette gets out a knife from her pocket and stabs the oncoming zombie.
  "Watch your damn back, idiot." Juliette says. Owen continues to cackle. "BAKA!~" Juliette facepalms and sighs. "Never mind. Anyways, go gather canned food from the kitchen pantries -if there is any." Juliette orders, throwing the pots in a corner of the living room they were currently in. Walking over to the supposed kitchen door, they both enter.
  "Hey, do you think canned dog food would work?"
"What, Ew why would we even try?"
"Hmm, maybe because we only have a few days worth of food and when we gather everyone again we'll only have a few weeks worth??"
Juliette sighs. "Good point. But hey, if there's any candy, take it." Owen rolls his eyes and salutes quickly before walking off into the walk in pantry. Glancing at everything in there, he takes note of a pattern in left over perishable food. Peanut butter? Taken. Spaghetti-Os? Also taken, but what's the point without a microwave? Everything but some pasta noodles, pasta sauces, a few loaves of fancy looking bread, and cereal were gone.
  And they were all in one corner, too. There was also plates, bowls, forks, and spoons near all the food. Everything left over was all in multiples as well. There were about four pasta sauce and noodles left, three small loaves of the bread, and five unopened boxes of the a few different cereals. Had this all been left for other survivors? Was there other people somewhere?

Thirty minutes into the walk. It's been thirty minutes, and for about ten of those minutes the two were completely silent. They had passed the gruesome scene of their short friend, surrounded by wolves tearing into her torso. She was almost completely gnawed in half, besides part of her ribcage and spine(which were all very much so visible). Hanna had wondered, was Ilsa in some sort of limbo zombie afterlife? Could she see all that was happening? And if she could, could she still feel the pain..?
Reese had silently went up to her, now zombified friend, and as Ilsa had reached to try and grab at her ankles, Reese slowly stabbed her knife through Ilsa's temple. Hanna could only imagine how bad Reese had felt about this, as she had tried to get up and fell, breaking out into a sob. Hanna walked over as carefully as she could and pat Reese's back to try and help her calm down.
Tears streamed down both of their faces. They both felt immense guilt, even though there was nothing else they could do for their now deceased friend. Reese took it badly though, and took out her hatchet. She gets up and starts swinging it at the nearest tree, yelling profanities and blaming people. Hanna sighs and waits for Reese to be done hacking at the tree.
After continuous yelling, screaming, and chopping, Reese falls down in a hiccuping, sobbing heap.
Hanna breaks the unsettling silence while they walk. "So. When should we tell Juliette..?" Reese's breath catches in her throat.
"When she's m-mentally and emotionally ready."
Hanna snorts. "Says the one who had a mental break down and murdered a tree." Reese just glances up at her through the waterfall of hair. Hanna shuts up immediately.
"We sh-ould be at my hou-" Reese interrupts herself with her hiccup. "-se soon. My bo st-staff is in my room and you or Owen or Anna or.. Whoever is still alive, can use my knives." Hanna nods and rubs her arm.
"Hey, so, Uh.. Sorry.."
"Sorry for what..?"
"I shouldn't have tried to make a joke like that, especially after this whole apocalypse thing started.." Reese quickly wipes her face.
"No it's fine. I shouldn't be such a wussy about it." Hanna was sort of taken aback. Wussy..? After a friend died and you cry, she's calling herself a wussy?? Hanna didn't understand her logic but played along anyways.
"Ok.. Just try not to be too bummed about it. All of us are going to die eventually anyways.." Reese hiccups one last time and stabs an oncoming zombie quietly.
"Hey.. If I get bit, or die somehow.. Don't let me turn. Don't hesitate to smash a weapon through our brains. All of ours. It's too late to make that promise with Ilsa, I guess, but whatever happens after you turn..? I can't imagine it's too fun." Hanna nods and sucks in a breath.
"Yeah.. Yeah. I'll make sure to keep my promise. You better promise me too-" Reese cuts Hanna off by sprinting into a road.
"We're here."

R.I.P
Ilsa