Chapter 17.5

I nod at Joshua. I can trust him, right? He seems trust worthy and worth my time. But.. Vernon basically saved my life and is letting me live here, so he can't be as bad as they say. I shrug at my confusion and decide to let it be for the moment.
   "You're pretty lost in thought. Everything ok?" Joshua asks, glancing at me from out of the corner of his eye while reorganizing and counting the food stock. "If it's about the Vernon thing, it's all true. He does unimaginable things." Josh was so quiet, if anyone else was talking, I wouldn't have heard the last sentence.
   I grab my white board after setting down the boxes. 'You're right. I know, but I need to see both sides of the story before I can make a conclusive decision.' I lift my board for him to see, him nodding.
   "I guess you're right.." he mutters, running a hand through his hair in frustration or stress. "Write this down, please. We have twenty six cans of beans, that'll last about two more days with the rest of our foods so we need to go on another run damn soon. That's all." I nod as I write to try and signal that I'm listening.
   Josh rests his head on top of his arms that are on the plastic box. Quickly, I write on my board. 'Do you need me to give this to Vernon?' Josh nods and smiles at me thankfully. I make the ok sign with my hand and hop up, grabbing the notebook I wrote it in and tearing it out. I wave goodbye with my good arm as I hop out of the room, Josh waving back.
   Since I certainly haven't learnt the layout of Wolfpine yet, I prowl around, looking for any building that I recognize or thought screams 'I'm where the one in charge lives!!' However, I don't have to look long, because Vernon just starts to exit a building nearby the house I was suspecting. He looks up and tilts his head on confusion, a subtle offended look on his face.
"I thought I told you I was gonna walk you back home and give you some weapons??" He says, closing the door behind him. In his left hand was a bag that I could only assume is holding pistols, knives, and other weapons. "Do you not trust me? Do you think I'm the bad guy here?!" He starts to raise his voice, shoving a finger into his chest while stomping up to me. I shake my head and hands furiously to try and calm him, getting my white board out.
'No, no! I trust you, I just forgot. Also Josh asked me to give you this. He said we need to go on a run soon for food.' Lifting it to show him, along with the notebook that I had written in before. Calming down, he nods and grabs the notebook, muttering under his breath, "That fucking douche.. Why did I allow Joshua in.." Skimming through the writing, he shakes his head and shoves the notebook in the bag he was carrying.
"Come on, let me take you back to your place and talk to you about something.. a little important."