Chapter 13.5

Izzy walks about Wolfpine with me, and honestly, this place is amazing. They have almost a whole town full of people and supplies, and they're no where near running out. If anything, they have enough food and water for months! And I'm allowed to join this place. Izzy snaps me out of my thoughts by swinging open a door, the knob slamming against the wall behind it.

   "Alright ya piece of shit, this is your house for now. If you hear gunshots, do not leave. That usually means we gotta break in and we need to kill someone, or we gotta break in and we've got to kill a zombie," she glares at my wrapped arm. "And I don't think you're the best person to take care of any break ins." I nodded and wrote on my board, 'I'm not that bad of a shot.. without the broken elbow.' She just rolls her eyes slightly.

   "Anyways, don't be a complete burden to the other towns people. They won't hesitate to smack you straight," she paused and glanced at me, muttering, "Assuming you are straight." I tilt my head in question, but I don't ask. "Yep, but that was pretty much it for Wolfpine. Vernon'll be over in the morning to get you a new wrap for your arm." She grumbles while walking out the door, "Ungrateful brats, I swear." Despite the insult she threw, she turned and gave a fake smile. "Don't pull us down, city boy."

   I  was completely and utterly confused as she closed the door. I looked around the small space I got to now call home. There was a small shelf near the door to put belongings like shoes and keys(not that we really needed them anymore) and it was made out of, what looked like, birch wood. Before I could even look at another thing, there was a knock on the door. Confused (like always) about why someone else would bother to check on me, I opened the door. In the doorway stood Emma, grinning. I waved at her.

   "So, you said you came from Paris? Like, the school. Correct?" I nodded at the question. "Did you happen to find five girls? One had rainbow hair, the other had some blue hair, one's super short and those three had glasses.. then there was these two taller ones, one had longer hair and the other had short hair, both brown haired-" I put up my hand to cut her off. She quickly did some sign language thingy or whatever and I just stared at her in question. "I asked if you knew sign language.." I shook my head, but got out my white board and marker. 'Yes, actually. They were the ones who attacked me and killed Sasha. Well, technically the guy killed Sasha, but he killed himself to blow up the school.' She looked at the white board with her mouth hanging open. "Nathan, that's the guy, right?" I nod. She just turns in the doorway and leaves, eyes wide.