Chapter Sixteen

THIS IS DEDICATED TO RandomStoriesHQ BECAUSE SHE MADE A NEW COVER FOR BEFORE THINGS FELL TO PIECES FOR MEEEE!!! AND IT HAS BEEN DECIDED THAT SHE IS MY SISTER AND MY ANGEL CHILD BECAUSE I LOVE HER:) CHAPTER TIME!!!

___________________________

I don't believe this. I don't freaking believe this. The very Miniature that Justin and I planned revenge on - that Justin just beat to a pulp for hurting Carter - turns out to be his brother?!

That's messed up. That's just..... that's just messed up.

Justin starts cursing very loudly and punching the plastic back of the remote repeatedly. I notice how Carter has covered his ears and curled up in a ball, and I scoop him into my hands and cuddle him close to my chest.

"I-I do not l-like it wh-when he y-yells.... I-I have d-done s-so-something w-wrong-g?" he sobs.

"Justin!" I yell. He turns around with a vicious glare, but it fades immediately when he notices Carter.

"Carter! What's the matter, are you okay?"

"Y-you are m-m-ad-d and i-it is a-a-all my f-f-fault I am so s-s-sor-ry-y-y J-J-ust-in-n," he cries.

Justin has him in an instant. "No..... no, it's not your fault."

"Will stop y-y-yelling?" Carter gurgles pitifully, looking at Justin.

"I'm sorry, Kitty Carter. I forgot how much you hate it when I yell," he soothes.

"Well, I've had enough of this crap. We need to keep Carter out of the path of his psycho parents," I say.

"I d-don't want t-to g-go b-back," he murmurs.

"No one's making you," I soothe.

All at once, my phone starts blaring. I check the caller ID.

Sophie McDonald.

"I bet she saw the news bulletin," I say, letting the phone go to voicemail. Sophie's voice rings through my room.

"HANNAH PETERSON! I WILL KEEP CALLIG YOU UNTIL YOU PICK UP THE DANG PHONE!" she screeches. The call ends and immediately her caller ID picture lights up the screen again.

I open the call and set the phone on speaker so Justin and Carter can hear.

"Did you see the news?!" Sophie yells shrilly. I turn the volume down as low as I can to protect the sensitive ears of Justin and Carter.

"Those looked just like our Miniatures! OMG though, they, like, totally can't be. It's so weird, though! Anyways, did you hear what James and - "

Sophie quickly starts prattling about school gossip and drama that I don't care about. I calmly interrupt her.

"Soph, that's great, but I got work to do. I'll talk to you on Monday, yeah?"

"Okay!" she chirps, hanging up with a quick "Buh BAIII bay-BEEE!!!"

"She sounds like a preppy cheerleader," Justin mutters.

"Well, that's Sophie for ya," I answer.

___________________________

Later that night, I'm watching Justin and Carter as they sleep - not in a creepy stalker way, though. The two of them fell asleep on on my chest, and I'm gazing fondly at their tiny bodies nestled into my shirt.

I scoop then into my hands and tuck then gently into their beds. I'm about to head to sleep myself when there's a knock at the door downstairs. Soft, and quiet, and in a distinctive pattern that I recognize as Morse code. I quietly spell out the words in my head.

You ready?

I can hear someone hurry to reply, and then a tiny voice pipes up. "H-Hannah?"

It's Carter. I hold a finger to my lips and tuck him into my breast pocket. Then we sneak up to the top of the staircase to listen.

My dad hurries to the door. He glances around furtively, and I slink into the shadows to hide.

He taps an OK on the door and opens it up. Two figures in black trench coats, collars pulled up high, step into my foyer.

Carter squeaks slightly in my pocket when they move their collars down, revealing them to be his parents.

___________________________

Aaand that's the end of the book, goodbye!!

Hahahahahahaha I GOOOOT you!!

On with the chapter!

___________________________

My mother appears from the kitchen, hurriedly shaking hands with Dr. and Dr. Knight.

"We're so glad you could make it Doctors," she says.

"Indeed. We have been waiting to see our sons again. And Justin..... his parents, may God bless their souls, left him in our care when they died. We only wish to fulfill their requests," Carter's mother says. Her voice is as sweet as honey and as cold as ice.

"How did they get shrunk, anyways?" my father asks.

"They were playing in the lab, and they drank the serum by mistake. We tried to prevent it, but it was too late," his father says.

"So, from what we understand, your daughter is quite fond of Justin and Carter, is that so?" Carter's mother says. "And please, call me Anna."

"Why yes, Anna, Hannah seems to have fallen in love with those two," my mom responds.

"And her friend has our elder son?" Dr Knight asks. "You can call me Joseph."

"Yes, but she'll sell him for the right price," my dad says. I'm shocked. My parents are collaborating with these creepers???

"So how are you going to get the Miniatures away from your daughter?" Anna inquires.

"We'll get them tonight, while she's asleep," Dad responds.

"No, not tonight. Get them on Wednesday night, and we will be back for them on Thursday. We have some.... important business to handle," Joseph says.

My parents and the Knights exchange farewells before they leave.

"Derek, are you sure we're doing the right thing?" my mom frets.

"Darling, we need the money. Besides, we'll just get her another Miniature. Those things get cheaper every day," he soothes.

I sneak back into my room and look at Carter.

"W-w-what are w-we gonna d-d-do?" he whispers.

I think hard. Then I say quietly, "We run away."

___________________________

Ok, so I'm really done with the chapter this time:)

I would also like to dedicate this chapter to my three newest followers in addition to RandomStoriesHQ. PerlaPearl, PurpleGlas, and lilgrl. I apologize for any misspellings, autocorrect sucks.

Also, there should be a one shot up later. It's Carter taking care of a sick Justin and it's so fluffy you're gonna die:)

Farewell, my ninja angel children:)

~ Mollie xxxxxxx(:0-Σ