Chapter Six

Hola! So I just wanna welcome Ninjabre and EL_BURRO (forgive me for my spelling issues:/) as my two newest followers! We welcome you to the fandom. *salutes solemnly and formally, then breaks down and grins like an idiot* This chapter is dedicated to the two of them!!! Speaking of the chapter, I'm gonna shut up now and write it. LAUNCH!!!!
___________________________

That night, I watch Justin and Carter climb underneath their blankets. "G'night Justin, night Hannah," Carter murmurs sleepily.

"Night Hannah, good night, Carter," Justin says.

I crawl into my own bed, falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Five hours later, I am awoken by the sound of someone crying. I pick my head up and cross over to the little house, rubbing the sleep fog from my eyes.

Carter is thrashing in his sleep, crying and screaming. "No!! Justin!! JUSTIN!!! NO! JUSTIN! HELP ME! NO! NONONONON-"

"Carter!" I prod his stomach and he jolts awake. "Carter, it's just a nightmare, wake up. C'mon, open your eyes." Carter sits up, reaching out to me like a toddler reaching for their parent. I pick him up and take him back to my bed.

I lay down in my back, positioning him on my chest and covering him with a bit of my blanket. Within seconds, he's asleep again.

That parent-toddler thing gets me to thinking: what kind of parents would do that to two children, one of whom was their own?

It's bugging me, and no matter how much I try to ignore it, I can't. So I sit up, careful not to disturb Carter, only to hear a shrill voice.

"Hannah! Hannah, Carter is missing!"

"Missing some sleep, yeah," I say rolling my eyes at Justin as I show him Carter, curled in the fetal position and snuggled in my cupped palms. "Relax already, wouldja?"

Justin's muscles visibly de-tense as he snatches Carter away from me. The. He lays down in his bed, Carter pressing his fragile body against Justin's bare, muscled chest.

Justin presses his nose into Carter's curls, murmuring incoherently to him. I go ahead and Google search several different things: "Doctor Knight, shrinking serum, first Miniatures, child disappearance five years ago".

What I find shocks me to the core.

Doctor and Doctor Knight were the scientists who created Miniatures in the first place. Originally, the serum was used as a punishment for A-List criminals, to replace the death penalty. However, about five years ago there was a sudden epidemic of reports of people disappearing, and when the police visited the Knight residence as the last known whereabouts of a certain Justin Evans, they discovered a lab filled with shrunken people being used as science experiments, including the missing kid, Justin.

Justin's parents took custody of all the Miniatures, and the Knights were sentenced to life in prison. Mr. and Mrs. Evans were the ones who nudged the selling of Miniatures into its current popularity - and their son was the first one sold.

I stare in horror at the luminescent computer screen. I cannot believe that someone would do that to a child. Five yeas ago... Carter would've been eight, and Justin would've been ten.

I close down the computer, watching the screen fade to black. Then I walk back to my room, tripping over scattered objects.

Carter is pressed against Justin as closely as he can possibly be. the older boy has his arms wrapped around him, and the covers have been kicked off. Carter is wearing flannel pants and a white T-shirt, but Justin is in nothing but plaid boxers.

I examine him with interest. He's pretty fit, for someone so small. He's tan, too, and he has nice muscles in his arms, legs, and chest/stomach area.

Justin was on his side, but as I watch he flips to his back, pulling Carter with him. Carter is sprawled on his stomach, Justin clinging to him as though his life depends on it. I smile, because it's a cute sight.

Then I go to sleep, because it's 1:37 in the morning and I have school tomorrow.
___________________________
Hello, my wonderful people! I love you all!!!!

This chapter was kinda short, but it was important because Hannah learned about what happened to the Miniatures when they were kids! At 1:37 AM on a school night... shame on you, Hannah!!!:)

Little side note: if any of you are 1D fans, please check out Project Aviatrix 1: Departure! It would mean so much to me!

Adios, peoples.

~ Mollie xxxx:3