Chapter Nineteen - CARTER

Well, all of y'all seem to like this crap, so here ya go. There is a contest at the bottom. You shall check it out. And this is dedicated to TaylorPaynexoxo, who by the way is a wonderful writer, mrenderman111, and Watsonkay:) and also to proudly_canadian, for what I think is the longest comment I've ever seen O_O

___________________________

Justin and I are huddled together under a pile of dirty - and might I add slightly damp - rags in the back of the car. I'm afraid, because this car is on its way to Michigan. And Michigan is a gateway to Isle Royale, and that's where my sadistic parents' facility is.

And if I go back there, they will kill me. So in the gloom of the trunk, I plot.

I need Justin to be ok. He has to grow back to Normal size, he and Hannah have to have their happy ever after. So I'm going to let my parents have me. Without a fight. That is, after we get the antiserum into Justin.

Justin notices my pensive look and immediately says, "No, Carter. I know exactly what you're planning, and the answer is no. You aren't sacrificing yourself. I won't let you."

"I-I do n-not recall a-as-asking for y-your p-permission," I say icily.

"Carter, I can't lose you! I need you," he says. No, he can't lose Hannah. She's all that matters to him now.

"B-b-but could y-you l-lose H-H-Hannah?" I ask.

He remains silent, and from what little I can see of his features, his face is dripping with guilt. Ha! I've got him cornered between a wall and a hard place.

"I-it is m-me or h-her, Justin. Y-you must ch-choose who m-means m-more to y-you."

"I can't choose, because I won't lose either of you!" he vows. I lay down, as if I'm going to go to sleep. But in reality, I'm listening. And soon Justin gives me exactly the confirmation I need.

"I won't let anything happen to you, Hannah. No matter what I have to sacrifice, I will save you," he mutters quietly.

"O-o-or w-who," I say, sitting up and crawling out from underneath the rags.

"Carter?!" His head shoots up from where it was in his lap, but I continue to crawl out and don't look back.

"No!!! Carter, come back! I swear!"

But when I turn around, his eyes are glowing red. Suddenly the trunk evaporates and he grows to the size of a Normal. Hannah appears from the darkness and he wraps his arms around her. She kisses his cheek, then points to me.

"Squash it. For me, baby?" Hannah begs, batting her eyes.

"Of course," Justin says evilly. He grabs me in his fist, squeezing me. I screech, both hearing and feeling my ribs shatter.

"Bye bye, Carter," he laughs.

Carter. Carter. Carter.

My name bounces around inside my skull, until it becomes the worried voice of Justin.

"Carter! Oh my God, Carter, answer me! Are you alright? Please, Carter!"

He sounds like he's about to go into hysterics. I slowly open my eyes, trying to sit up, but soft hands push me back down again.

"Carter, it's ok. Don't freak out. Just... just relax. Nice and calm. That's it," Justin soothes, although I get the feeling he's actually talking to himself.

The car jolts around a lot though, and I fly sideways, slamming my head against the side of the car. Justin screams loudly. I press my fingertips to my head. They come away warm and sticky. I stare at the blood on my fingertips for a few seconds before my eyes roll up in my head and everything goes from faint outlines to pitch black.

___________________________

NOOOO Carter don't die on meeee!!!

Anyway..... CONTEST TIME!!!

This contest is about art. Fan art. Now, as has been previously mentioned, I am plagued by computer demons. So I cannot post any actual fan art. HOWEVER. I shall still have the contest:)

Basically, here's the rules:

You may create EITHER a picture or a video for Miniature. Personally? I'd love to see a drawing of Justin and Carter. BUT I DIGRESS.

You can email me your submissions @ the following email address:

mlangan716@icloud.com

The contest is open until January 6, 2014. Got that? JANUARY 6, 2014. I will post the next update on the 8, which gives me an entire day to review submissions.

First prize: A follow - if I haven't already - and a dedication on chapter 20. And I will check out your story(s) if I haven't already.

Second prize: A dedication in chapter 21, and I'll read your story(s).

If I get more than one video, I'll split into two categories. Oh, and be sure to tell me your Wattpad name.

Until the 8, my children!!

~ Mollie xxxxxxx