Chapter 21

A/N: I feel like I lost a touch on this field. But I'll try using this point of view. If you don't like how I wrote this chapter then please tell me. >.<

3rd Person's POV

There's exactly two weeks left before the quarter round of the Autumn Election including this day. Rumi, who was still recovering from her fever, challenged Yukihira Soma to an unofficial Shokugeki in contrary to what she decided when the latter was the challenger.

"Hey, just what are you thinking? And besides, you only got one kitchen!" Appaerently, the person who expressed this concern was the least person they could think of--Nakiri Erina. The shine in eyes wavered in what seems to be nervousness at the sudden challenge and so was the others.

"Not to mention you're still sick, Rumi-chan." Yuki had her hands clasped tightly when she pointed this concern.

The only one who was not concerned in any of these were the two children. They already placed their "game face" on and without a doubt, a crackle of fire was ignited between the two.

The only people who knew how serious they were about this challenge were: Erina, Shinomiya, Isshiki and Tadokoro. It didn't take them long enough to find out. All they had to see was that desire to win hidden in their aura.

"Then? How shall we do this?" Yukihira asked once they arrived at the kitchen. Since this apartment is built within the academy, it was to be expected that all neccessary equipments needed of a chef is to be installed.

"Exactly. Do we need a theme?" These two people continued to throw questions like they were the only living people inside the space.

The night was getting deeper and the only sounds you could hear inside Rumi's flat are the usual music to the ears of one chef. They decided to void the theme due to the constricted space and the limited amount of ingredients available in the fridge.

With no theme to base their criteria on, the people who were utterly left in shambles and confusion sat on the living room silently.

"So, how should we go with their judging?" Mizuhara for the first time opened a conversation since she came here.

"..."

A few seconds later, they heard the door being opened and the sound of two men conversing with each other.

"Hm? What's happening in here?" It was Doujima Gin. He was holding a basket of fruits with one hand while an envelope was stuck between his body and his arm. Behind him completed the cast of alumni who were guest lecturers during the First Year's camp.

"Your dumb 'niece' happened, Doujima-san." Emphasizing the word niece, Shinomiya took off his glasses and wiped off the fog that was forming on its lens. His comment earned several gasps from the naïve students while the older chefs just snickered.

Hinako threw a fit of laughter then revealed, "You're saying that but you were completely restless awhile ago!"

Mizuhara and Donato agreed which threw the coral-head into hot waters.

=== Timeskip ===

Yukihira presented his Gotcha-Roasted Pork (A/N: Remember that dish he made to protect Diner Yukihira from land sharks? That roasted pork) while Rumi presented what seems to be a white and blue toned mirror glazed cake decorated with bubble spheres of different sizes.

All of them, except the chefs involved in the challenge, first took a bite of Yukihira's roasted pork. They all moaned in satisfaction. Red hues were seen painted on their cheeks in sheer pleasure.

"The saltiness of the bacon gave a burst of flavor of the potatoes inside it! Not to mention-"

"You can't really taste the grease from the meat."

"Hm... fiber from the mushrooms?" Tadokoro mentioned one ingredient possiblie for Yukihira's dish.

"Correct. I finely diced the mushrooms, and minced the onions before adding it to the potato to mash." Yukihira revealed with a huge grin creeping to his face. "This dish saved our restaurant from the land sharks back at the town." He added.

"More like, YOU saved it." Rumi mumbled her correction. Her mask made her words incoherent for the rest but it wasn't like they even cared about it in the first place.

Five minutes later, they turned their attention to Rumi's 'simple' cake in front of them. They all looked reluctant to it which Rumi understood in a glance of their expression. She  bit her lip but tried to hide it with her smile as though they could see it through her mask. She gestured for them to dig in and when they did, all eyes went wide.

"This is!" Unable to formulate the right words, Isshiki and Erina exchanged glances.

"Amazing! I could picture the whole country just by a single bite!" Ryoko exclaimed which was supported by Ibusaki and Marui.

"You used anko, matcha, and sakura for fillings am I right?" Hinako asked with a smile. "I do not know how you did it but you adjusted the anko's sweetness so it could work with the other fillings. Interesting."

"The glaze is not that sweet too."

"Not to mention, there's a crunch--brittled candy!?" Mizuhara reacted when she noticed the layer of brittled candies that Rumi made from scratch.

"I see. But how come that didn't affect the glaze's smooth surface?" Sekimori asked.

Upon realizing her trick, Shinomiya sighed and poked at the thin icing below the glaze. "A thin meringue."

Unable to answer all their curiosity, Rumi just gave them a thumbs up to confirm their wild theories. "Allow me to express my deepest gratitude for coming all the way here to take care of me despite your busy schedules." She expressed with the most formal bow of the century.

'I think she really does have a switch button for her personality.' Shinomiya thought while the others were taken in awe at her refined aura then took another bite of Rumi's cake.

'You've grown so much.'

=== Timeskip ===

"Both of the dish showed a lot with you as a chef. But sadly, we only have to pick one for this match..."

Everyone was driven on the edge. Who is the winner? What will the loser do? All spectators were excited and now it is time to announce the verdict.

"Takeshima Rumi, you win." Doujima Gin, who became the chief judge by unanimous decision, announced. All eyes darted towards the male young chef in front of them. They can't hear him clearly but they all knew that he's mumbling something.

"When it comes to that thirst, he has no lid."

🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

A/N: I regret to inform everyone that starting the next chapter, I might slow my pace down in terms of updating the story. (Constant headaches aren't cool at all and Azami's arc isn't done yet so yeah...) Unless if you'll request for more dates between our OC and Tsukasa.

Anyhow, here's a little preview for the next chapter/the chapters to come:

"Airi, Ken! Are you okay!?"

"Ssh. Rumi-sama, it's okay...if you'll play dead...everything's going to be fine."

"Mom, what are you doing?"

"Nothing, my dear. I'm just making sure that no one comes into your way."

Welp! That's it for now. Take care ^-^