Chapter 6.

"Garret?" I heard her small voice whisper into the phone. 

"Hey… Are you okay?" I asked, wondering why she was whispering.

"Garret, can you come get me?" She pleaded into the phone, her voice desperate.

"Sure… where are you?" I asked as I grabbed my keys and jumped into the car.

"I'm at Keegan's house." She said,  and I could hear something very off in her voice.

"Are you okay? Did he do something?" My heart was beating fast in my chest, and panic was seeping through me.

"Lacy, Are you in there? Open this door!" I heard a loud demanding voice over the phone.

"Go away Keegan!" Lacy shouted, her voice wavering.

"Open the door, right now!"

"I said go away!" She cried.

"Lacy! Lacy!" I shouted into the phone, hoping to get her back on it.

"Garret I'm scared." She whimpered into the phone.

"Listen to me." I spoke quickly, speeding up the car. "Stay calm, and do not make him mad. For the love of everything, whatever you do… Do not open that door." I ran a red light causing several cars to honk at me.

"Okay." She quietly cried into the phone.

"I'm serious Lacy, just stay there. I'm only 10…make that 6 minutes away." I honked at a couple cars to move out of my way, my heart wanting to beat out of my chest and my palms sweaty.

"Don't you dare hurt yourself." I heard her whisper fiercely into the phone.

"I won't, you know better to trust my driving skills." I tried joking to keep her calm.

"Yeah, sure-"

"Lacy! You better open this door right now!" I heard Keegan roar from the other side of the door. "I'm not kidding! I will bust it down!" 

"Garret, what should I do?" She whispered into the phone frantically.

"Who are you talking to in there?!"

"Garret."She cried in fear.

"Just hold on Lace, I'm still 5 minutes away."

"Your five minutes, or actual five minutes?" She tried to force herself to laugh.

"Mine of course." As soon as I said that, I heard a loud bang from the other side of the door.

"Garret, he's really going to break down the door." 

"Just hang on Lacy! Did you call the cops?" I turned a corner as fast as I could, the tired made a squealing sound but  inept on the path and righted the car. 

"I didn't… I called you first."

"Hold on then, I'll try to get them on the other line." I quickly put the phone on speaker. Dialing 9-1-1, quickly held it up to my ear.

"9-1-1 what is your emergency?" a ladies voice answered.

"My cousin is in trouble. She needs help right now-"

"Calm down sir, where is your cousin?"

"She's over at her boyfriends house, she called me, scared. I heard shouting and banging from over the phone."