Chapter 5.

"You wanna go running today?" Alex asked me as he just barged into my house, which apparently has recently become a normal habit of his.

"Sure, I have a few fights coming up anyway." I shrugged.

"Great, I'll just eat while you go get ready then." He said, helping himself to my bacon.

"Of course you will." I rolled my eyes at him.

I went upstairs and put on my hoodie, sweatpants and joggers. Then quickly went back downstairs and grabbed up the last piece of bacon before Alex could get his hands on it. He shouted in protest, his mouth still packed with food, so I dangled the piece of bacon in front of his face, then right before the grabbed it I had snatched it back and stuffed it into my mouth.

"That's rude!" He called out.

"My food! And my house!" I smirked, then headed for the front door. "Hurry up, or I'm locking you in here." 

"What's the worst that would happen?" He chuckled, taking his time on getting to the door.

"Besides the fact that I now have no food in my house? My game systems are all broken." 

"Coming!" He called as he hurried out the door.

"I swear, you act 18 instead of 26." I shook my head at him.

"Eh, oh well." He shrugged his shoulders. "Are you really out of food?" He asked curiously as I locked the door.

"Yep… but my game systems are just fine." I called over my shoulder.

"why you little…"

"Now, now Alex, you know the rules, you gotta catch up to me first before you can insult me." I declared as I started to run.

"Since when was that a rule?" He shouted after me, starting to run.

"Since I just deemed it one!"

"Fine! But i'm letting you have it once I do catch up!"

"If!" I heard him groan at me, but I just smirked and kept running.

After I had fixed Keeley a little food, we drove back to the house the party was at. When we arrived, Alex came barreling out, a frown on his face. But he stopped once he saw I had someone in the car, then immediately replaced his frown with a mischievous grin and slowed down his pace. I gave keeley her car keys that I had taken off her hands the nigth before, so she wouldn't drive home, and she took off towards her car with a brief thanks.

That girl was something else, first she slaps me, then she makes me dance with her, and after that I nurse her back to health. I've never done so much for someone, not even Alex, and now I was wondering why. Why was this girl stuck in my head? 

Well, you know the saying, speak of the devil and she shall appear. I stopped in mid run and looked over to the softball field, having spotted her long blonde hair underneath a cap.

"Dude!" I heard Alex complain when he slammed into my back from my sudden stop.

"Sorry." I muttered, then slowly turned my head back to the softball field.

"Hey, why did we stop?" He asked then looked to where I was looking. "After one night with a girl, and you're already ogling more? I should have taken you to a party a long time ago! My little garret is finally a real boy." He cried, wiping away fake tears.