Chapter 11.

I walked in through my front door and went to the kitchen, sat down my empty water bottle, then went to the fridge to try and find something to eat. As I sorted through the shelves for something edible, I heard a squeak sound from behind me, like the sound a shoe makes when it scuffs the floor. Without hesitation, I grabbed my knife from my pocket and turned on whoever was behind me.

"Chill! It’s just me,” Alex said,  his mouth stuffed full with bread and his hands up in surrender. 

“Don’t do that,” I sighed, stuffing the knife back in my pocket and reaching in the fridge for the leftovers I had seen a second ago. 

"Nah, It's quite fun." Alex says amusedly, hoping up onto my countertops. "so, where were you?" he asked with a smirk.

"Running-I wasn't with Keeley-if that's what you're thinking," 

“It wouldn’t surprise me if you were, you guy’s have been hanging out a lot these last couple weeks,” He says with a cheeky smile as he wiggled his eyebrows. 

"She's a good friend." I shrugged, then raised an eyebrow at him challengingly as he opened his mouth to speak, then he thought twice and didn't comment.

"Your fighting is better than it's been in the past, I think I like you hanging around her. It keeps the stress off of me," he joked.

"Anything to make your life easier." I replied smartly and rolled my eye’s. “anyway, is that all you’re here for, or did you have an actual purpose?” I raised an eyebrow at him as I started to devour my food.

“I’m bored, I have nothing to do today.” He shrugged. “So I though ‘hey! I wonder what Garret is up to?’ then I decided to just come down here and see instead of boring myself to death by thinking of different things I could do.” He said as he leaned forwards, he chin rested in his hands and a look of boredom on his face. I mentally rolled my eyes at him, wondering how in the world this guy could ever be bored with all the crazy things that tended to run though his head.

“Well, I’m about to go to Keeley’s softball game, you can tag along and keep me company.”  I suggested, throwing the now empty food carton away and wiped my hands off.

“Awesome! Let’s go!” He shouted with fake excitement and jumped off the counter, then grabbed my arm before I could comment on his weirdness and towed me to the car.

I shook my head at him as we got in, then flipped my music on and started driving to the university. Alex tapped his foot the whole time, except on the rare occasion where he randomly started to air drum, taking up the whole front of the car for his ‘drum set’.  I smiled over at him as our favorite song came on, “Moby Dick” by Led Zeppelin. Alex looked back over at me, wiggling his eyebrows and we started jamming out to the song, luckily we’re stopped at a red-light.

Soon after our song came to an end, we pulled up to the softball field. As I got out, I spotted Keeley on the field in a huddle with her team, their arms all around each other as they leaned in.

We walk over and sit down on the benches as they all break and get into position, then I noticed that Keeley is up first to bat. I elbowed Alex and nodded to Keeley as I noticed the Pitcher give signals before she started. We both watched as Keeley took her swing, then missed by just a hair.

“Come on, Princess! You got this!” I cheered for her, she whipped her head around, surprise on her face as she spotted me. She smiles widely at me, then turns back around to focus. Alex coughs into his hand, muttering ‘Weirdo’ in-between. I roll my eye’s at him and slap the back of his head, he just laughs at me and continues to watch the game.