Chapter 10.

"So, you ready to tell me the full story?" Alex asked as he walked me into the kitchen. He started setting me down in the chair and I bit my tongue to keep from wincing. He looked down at me expectantly, waiting for me to start talking. I took a breath and started telling him what happened, about the Masked Stranger and his guy's, about what everything lead to, and his unsaid threat. "seem's like this guy has a personal grudge against you," he said frowning. "you didn't recognize him at all? Not even his voice?" 

"What part of 'He was wearing a full face Gold mask' didn't you understand?" I rolled my eyes at him. I gasped slightly as he smacked the back of my head. "what was that for?" I frowned up at him. 

"Don't be a Smart-A with me," he pointed his finger in my face. "I was just double checking that you didn't catch anything familiar about him."

"Nope, I think he was even using a voice changing device, like he wants to stay a secret." I remembered the way his voice sounded, knowing that it wasn't normal. 

"Well, i'll ask around, see what I can get on the guy... or his cover at least." I nodded, but my mind was still going over every detail, trying to think of anything that could help me figure it out, but it seemed pointless. "now. Hood down, I need to see how bad they messed up your face," he demanded. I rolled my eye's at him but knocked my hood down anyway, at the way his face grimaced, I knew it was pretty ugly. "um... wheres the first aid kit? I'll get your face fixed, but you're doing the rest." He tried to make a joke to lighten the mood.

"The same place it always is." I waved my hand off towards the bathroom, he nodded and then went to grab it. "So... Am I off the hook for earlier?" I asked loud enough for him to hear me from the other room.

"Not completely, but you can have your rest before I jump on your case again," He said chuckling as he came back in.

"I can feel the love." I mutters sarcastically and rolled my eyes at him. 

"Now this might sting," He said, suddenly pushing a wet cotton ball into my face.

"Gosh! A little warning would be nice, i've been punched enough times in the face for tonight." I said as I swatted his hand away out of reflex. 

"Calm down you wussy," he muttered then shoved the cotton ball onto a cut on my face. 

"I thought you said it would sting? This is just cold." I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"I said it might, but after the beating you took tonight, your face is probably numb to such a small thing," he shrugged his shoulders.

"That would be great, wouldn't it?" I chuckled.

"What, if you could be beat numb?" he scowled down at me. "that wouldn't be very fun."he shook his head.

"No, just to be numb..." I sighed, my mind starting to drift off. the suddenly I'm smacked over the back of my head, causing a pin prickling feeling. "ouch! What was that for?" I tumbled, smacking Alex away from me.

"For thinking stupidly, that's what," he barked. "you know, your head has been in the clouds too much lately. One minute your all happy and stuff, then the next your second guessing everything and losing focus. What's up? Besides what happened tonight?"

"Just stuff... I got to go sort this out, you were right. I'll let you know when my head is back on straight," I sighed, slowly stretching out my sore and bruised limbs.

"Right, just make sure you can walk first." Alex cracked a smile at me.

"That would probably be a good idea." 

~