Chapter 17.

Keeley didn't feel like eating after her fight with her mom, she just ended up pushing her food around her plate. I watched her as she was drifted off into her own world, her mind seemed a million miles away even though her body was here. After a while, I couldn't take it so I paid the bill and we left though she barely noticed the change of scenery.

We arrived at my house and I turned the car off, Keeley didn't seem to notice as she was still in her own world. I got out and went around, opening her door for her, it was then that she finally snapped out of it and looked up at me in confusion.

"This isn't my house," she said, puzzled.

"I knew you would want some time before you went back home," I shrugged.

"Thank you." She said with a small smile.

"Come on," I held out my hand for her, waiting for her to take it. "It's movie night, so don't be suppressed if Alex shows up." I said with a chuckle.

"Movie night?" she asked amused, a twinkle in her eye. My stomach seemed to tighten at the lightness that was now on her face instead of the heavy thoughts that seemed to have clouded it before, It made her seem more free and happy. I was glad that she cast off whatever was bothering her, though I knew exactly what it was.

"Yeah, street fighters do, do movie nights ya know?" I chuckled. Then I watched as an immature smile came onto her face as she finally took my hand.

"You said do, do," she laughed.

"Feeling a little childish today?" I laughed with her.

"Always." She said, a cheshire cat smile on her face. I shook my head at her with a smile and pulled her into the house. I flipped on the lights and lead her to the living room, then showed her where kept my movies. 
"You can pick tonight," I told her.

"Oh well, don't I feel special?" she joked.

"You should, Alex needs a break from picking the movies... always the same bloody three, every time."

"Well then, why don't you pick?" She said, folding her arms around her stomach.

"I did, when I bought them," I said with a cheeky smile. "Go ahead, I'll just make some popcorn..." I jerked my thumb over my shoulder, then exited for the kitchen.

I peaked around the corner to see her squatted in front of the movie cabinet, fingering through the different DVD's I had. While I got the popcorn started, I grabbed some bread and sandwich meat to fix her up some food as I remembered that she hardly ate anything at the restaurant. Her appetite would be back, especially since she just danced and played a game of softball.

I finished up the sandwich and grabbed a bag of mm's just as the popcorn finished. I popped open the microwave and peaked out into the living room.

"You got one?" I asked her.

"Yeah, how does Backdraft sound?" She turned around and asked, raising her eyebrow in question.

"Sure, haven't seen that in a while." I said while I shook the popcorn bag. "anything to drink while I'm in here?" I asked as before I turned back to the kitchen.

"You have any Sunkist?" Her voice carried through the rooms.

"Yep..." I sighed as I looked down at the stack of sodas on my pantry floor.

Alex loved Sunkist and Pepsi so that was the only reason I had it, otherwise I only had Cola or bottled water. I grabbed the drinks and food, balancing everything in one go and headed back out to the living room. Keeley turned around as I entered and laughed at the weird position I was in to keep everything balanced and from falling. Carefully, I set everything down, not having dropped a single thing.