Chapter 13.

I looked down at my phone nervously, my fingers hovered above the keys as I was about to press the send button, though the thoughts in my head and the feelings in my gut were holding me back. After I had my broken moment with Keeley, she didn’t stay much longer and need up leaving me with a lot yo think about. I thought I had made up my mind this morning that I was going to ask her to meet me, but these thought in my head kept telling me to do otherwise.

I barely went to sleep last night, the events from before had been coursing through my head. The more I had thought about it, the more Keeley’s last words before she left had become more appealing. I thought it over a hundred times, and a hundred times again. Each time coming up with a different scenario on how it would play out, what I would say, if I would say anything, and her reaction to it all.

I let out the breath I had been holding and hit a random button with my eye’s closed, then peaked one eye open to look at the screen. I had hit sent.

“Hey,” I slightly jumped as I was pulled of my thoughts by the sound of Alex’s voice. “You okay there, man? You look a little nervous... constipated... and maybe even in a little tohubohu.” I rolled my eyes at him then proceeded to look back down at my phone.

“You do know what tohubohu means, right?” I asked raising an eyebrow, though still looking down, wondering how I hadn’t even heard him come in since he usually makes a big announcement in some way.

“Yes! I do,” he stuck his chin out, a proud, smart look on his face.

“Then do you mind telling me what it means?” I asked, a hint of sarcasm laced in my voice.”Since you’ve obviously been on thesauruses again,” I muttered under my breath.

“It means ‘a state of chaos or utter confusion’.” He said, then proceeded to stick his tongue out at me, to which I returned the gesture like we were both five. “Anyway, what’s got you so tohubohu‘lated?” he asked, sitting on the armrest of the couch.

“Now, that definitely isn’t a word,” I said, then proceeded to push him off the couch. I laughed slightly as he glared at me, then bit my lips and looked back down at my phone, wondering if I was going to get a reply.

“Just answer the question,” he rolled his eyes, then plopped down the proper way on the couch. As soon as he asked that though, my phone buzzed with a text from Keeley. I held my breath fro reasons unknown in my head and hesitantly opened the text that had my nerves on edge.

*sure, meet me in the park? -K*

I quickly typed a reply to her and hopped up off the couch, then started to head for the front door. Alex called back at me, wondering where I was going, but I just ignored him. Though my ears picked up his mumbling as he said something smart about me being back to normal. I just gave him a brush off wave and told him to lock up on his way out as I headed to the park.

Halfway down the driveway I had turned back around and went inside, grabbed my key’s off the hook, ignored Alex as he laughed, then hopped in my car as I decide to drive instead. My nerves still going a little erratic in my stomach and thoughts pounding at me in my head. 

As I got to the park that Keeley had taken me too a few weeks back, I spotted the petite blonde sitting on the rusty merry-go-round. Nerves started to build up even more, though I took a deep breath and pushed them out as I opened my door and started to walk across the park, my hands stuffed in my hoodie’s pockets. The walk across the park seemed to get longer and longer, and my breath grew more and more shallow till I was holding it in anticipation. As my feet crunched underneath the gravel, alerting her of my presence, her head snapped up and her blue eye’s bore into mine.