Chapter 9.

Duck, Move left.

dodge.

Move right, jump back.

Turn, low spin-sweep-kick.

My leg came in contact with my opponents and knocked him off his feet, making him land on the ground with a thud. As quickly as he went down though, he just as quickly got right back on his feet. I readied my stance again, preparing for whatever move he was going to throw next. This opponent was one of the higher ranks, people I usually fight when I need to clear my head or clear my thoughts up, and right now I definitely need it.

I focused intently on the way his stance shifted, I could tell from where he was at on which move he would do next. I brought my arm up and blocked him and he went for another punch aimed at my face, I had moved my arm just in time to block him, but from the force of the impact, I still staggered back some. 

He quickly twist his body around and swung his leg out, trying to take advantage of the fact that I was knocked off balance, but I counteracted his blow and used it to my advantage. grabbing his leg, I stopped it mid air then twisted it with enough force to make him fall, as he was falling I twisted him some more and made him land on his back, knocking the air out of his lung's. before he could get up, I landed on his chest with my knee, knocking even more air out of him to leave him defenseless. Bringing my arm up I landed two blows on his face, knocking him out of the fight.

As I stood, the ref grabbed my arm and lifted it, declaring me the winner. I jerked my hand out as fast as I could and quickly made my way down and through the crowd, trying to find Alex. When I got him in my sights, I made a beeline for him.

"I need another fight,"

"Need or want?" he asked Un-amusedly, crossing his arms over his chest and pursing his lips at me.

"Need. I need another fight, I need to clear my head so I can think straight, so get me another fight." I barked out at him.

"You just said yourself that you're not thinking straight, and you proved it when that guy in there almost got the upper hand on you," He shouted, pointing over to my last opponent who was haunched over in a chair.

"But he didn't-" I tried to argue but he cut me off.

"He was not even close to your level! He's like seven below!" he shouted. "your head is not on straight-" he pointed his finger at me with narrowed eye's. "and it's effecting your work."

"But I need these fights so that I can get it on straight-"

"No you don't, that was your eleventh fight of the night and your head still isn't clear. Look, I don't know what your problem is tonight, but you better fix it or i'm not letting you back out there!" I narrowed my eye's at him.

"I need it to clear my head!" I argued.

"Then go take a run! That usually works!" he threw his arms out to the side exasperatedly.

"But-"

"Run! Now!" He ordered, flinging his arm in the direction of the gates. I huffed a breath and made my way to the gates, then took of running. I didn't know where I was going, but I was going to have to stay close if I wanted to take my car home with me tonight.

Why couldn't I seem to get my head on straight tonight? Was I really that worked up over the fact that I was starting to trust someone?  The answer was a clear yes, because I haven't trusted anyone's in my life since I was adopted by the Setho's family. It was easy to let them in, it was for me to start caring for them, but it turned out for the worst. With Nate in prison and Lacy... God, Lacy.