Alternate Ending Epilogue.

Keeley and I were sitting on her bed, watching her favorite TV show. Me in my sweats, and her in my hoodie, something she insists on wearing when I’m not fighting. I watched as the man who claimed to be hearing drums went on a rampage. Keeley had been on bed rest for the first few weeks like me, so she got me caught up to this point so far, but as soon as she got the all clear she went back to doing what she loved. Dancing.

It took her a while to get some of her strength back, and I was able to help her get back up to speed faster with routines and such, she even had me help her with some of her dance moves every now and then. Not that I was complaining though. But ever since she’s been up to full health, it’s only been a reminder that she was leaving in the month to come. I sighed at the thought and pulled her closer, not wanting that day to come, though I knew it was inevitable. Alex finally figured out where his sister was and he was currently making plans for living arrangements as it was apparently somewhere far from here, something that only made me think of the distance to be put between me and Keeley.

I sighed, not wanting to think of the unpreventable any more. Alex had also been arranging fights for me wherever we were going, that way we could both afford it. As he kept telling me, It’s a lot more expensive than where we live now. 

That was, of course, fine by me, as long as I’ll be able to do my routine of life. Eat, sleep and fight. And now I can add to that routine, biweekly Skype calls with Keeley as she will be at a new college.

“So, Princess… Do you feel up for a date tonight?” I asked her softly, my mouth close to her ear.

“It depends. Are you cooking or taking me out?” She chuckled, looking up at me with those big green eyes of hers.

“Oh, I’m definitely cooking.” I boasted, a smirk on my face. 

“Well then, It’s a definite yes.” She whispered, then leaned up and pecked my cheek, a smile on her face.

“And what would my princess like tonight?” 

“Anything beef, or tacos.” She said, adding the taco’s bit on after a second.

“Beef tacos then-?” I was cut off when the doorbell rang.

I looked over at Keeley to ask her if she wanted me to get it, knowing that her mom wasn’t home. Though, before I could even bother to get up, I heard the front door open and from the sound of the footsteps, I knew exactly who it was.

“You guy’s better be decent!” I heard the familiar voice call up the stair.

“You pervert, of course we’re decent!” Keeley shouted back with a wide grin on her face.

“You never know,” Alex shrugged a little breathlessly as he showed up in the doorway. “But hey, can’t say I didn’t catch y'all in bed together.” I said cheekily, pointing at us. Though he quickly had to duck out of the way as Keeley threw her pillow at him.

“Don’t make me slap you again Alex,” Keeley threatened, a playful smirk on her face.

“Hey now, I’ve lived with him for a while to know that if you say stuff like that to him, he’ll make you follow through on our word.” I interrupted the two of them, but I was sitting back on the bed relaxed.

“He’s right you know,” Alex chuckled, then came into the room and plopped himself down on the chair close to us. “Okay, so you might be wondering why I ran into your house like that, but I just can’t take it anymore!” Alex said, and I could tell from his face that he was about to spill some major news with us.