Chapter 4

You know that feeling you get when you watch a horror movie and the girl enters a creepy house slowly, looking left and right to see if anybody is inside. When the girl is positive no one's home she let's out a deep breath and suddenly a ghost appears out of thin air. That moment of sheer terror you feel when the ghost appears is exactly how I feel right now.

For a moment I thought Lucas was dead. When he suddenly grabbed my hands I screamed. Like the girl in the movies always do. Which is why I'm being shut by Lucas's hands on my mouth. He looks at me like I'm growing three heads.

"What the hell are you screaming for?"

I try to speak but my voice comes out muffled beneath his hands. I sound like a dying dolphin.

His brows are raised in confusion.

How does he expect me to speak when he has his hands clamp over my mouth? I eye his hand that is currently on my mouth. I must look like a crazy clown right now.

Then he realizes what I've been trying to tell him. He immediately takes his hands off of me.

"Oh! For a while there I thought you were actually crazy." He laughs.

He has the audacity to laugh after almost killing me.

"You almost killed me!" I glare at him.

"Well you were screaming in my ear so I had to stop it. I'm having a severe migraine as it is I don't need you to worsen it." He says while grabbing his head with both hands.

He looks tired. His eyes are red with bags under them. His lips are dry. He looks sick.

"Are you feeling unwell, Mr. Anderson?" I ask looking at him.

"I'm fine. Just had a bit of drink last night. Just a hangover. I'll be fine." He gets up from his bed with a struggle.

I don't know what hangover feels like since I don't drink anything alcohol related so I don't know how I'm supposed to help him. What do they take when people get hangover? I remember Matty always got a hangover after every party. He always takes medicine to cure his headache. Okay so I need to find a medicine.

I head to his bathroom to the medicine cabinet. I open it but I don't know which one I should give him. While I'm contemplating what medicine cures hangover, I feel Lucas stand behind me. He is like a foot taller than me so he towers over me. His body feels warm on my back. He reaches for the medicine on the far right corner.

"Advil." He pops one in his mouth and takes a sip of water. His Adam's apple bobble up and down slowly.

"You done checking me out?" He eyes me with a smirk on his face.

My eyes widen in shock and shame. I didn't even realise that I've been staring at him this whole time.

"Who says I was checking you out?" I try to sound unfazed.

"Who said you weren't?" He's now standing directly in front of me.

"Who said you was that I was?" What the hell am I even saying?

"Now you're just saying nonsense. No need to deny it. I don't blame you who can resist this?" He says with a smirk on his face pointing down at his body.

Why is he being so flirtatious? Must be the alcohol talking. This can't be the same Lucas from the office yesterday. He knows he looks like a stupid Greek god and now he's torturing me. Damn him for even looking like a freaking hot mess.

"Cocky much?" I look up at him with raised brows.

He meets my eyes. His eyes are deep brown almost hazel. They stare right at you and you feel as if they can see right through your soul. I don't know why I never noticed his eyes. They're mesmerizing.

He's looking at me with such depth that it makes the hair on my body stand. He's staring at me then at my lips. He's inching his face closer to mine, removing any space between us. What the hell?

I need to look away before this gets awkward.

I look away and I clear my throat loudly to escape his gaze.

"I'll get your suits ready." I quickly shove past him and head out of the bathroom.

I feel my face with my palm and they're flaming. I'm sure I'm looking as red as a tomato right now. Why am I so flustered? I need to calm down. What has gotten to him?

Surely the alcohol from last night hasn't wore off. If not he wouldn't be acting all flirtatious. How could I think even for a second that he would like someone like me? That's stupid. Drunk people tend to do stupid things. Yes that must be it. He's still drunk.

But why is my heart beating so fast?

I place his suit on the bed and head downstairs. I hear a ruffle in the kitchen. I thought Lucas lived alone. I don't remember him living with any family member or anyone. I slowly go down the stairs careful not to make any noise. Thank god I'm not wearing any heels.

I put my ninja mode on and sneak behind the wall. I press my back flat to the wall and flap my way over to the kitchen.

The sounds now becoming louder as I near the kitchen. I hear pans clanking, spoons ruffling and a low hum coming from whoever it is that is trying to rob the place.

The thief must be a skilled robber since it knows the right room to rob, where the food is stored. I must stop this imbecile. But how?

I sneak a peek to see a woman ruffling around the refrigerator. A woman thief? I'm all for girl power but this is taking it to a whole new level. Go women?

Okay I have to act fast before its too late. I grab the frying pan that is beside the counter top and approach the she-thief.

"Hiyah!" I hit her right on the head.

The she-thief groans in pain as she drops the plate she's currently holding. The plate breaks as it touches the ground making a loud noise. I take opportunity of her weakness so I grab her by the hair with my left hand and put my right hand around her neck.

"I've got you now, she-thief!" I strangle her.

"Help." Her voice comes out in a rasp.

"Mom!" I hear Lucas's voice.

Why is he calling me mom? He's so weird when he's drunk. I'm not even old enough to be mistaken for a mom yet. Hell I thought I still looked like a teenager.

"Miss Grayson let go of her! She's my mother."

Wait what?

*************************

A/N

So what do you think so far? Good? Bad? Or just meh?

I would love to hear your opinions. Vote, comment, enjoy!

Toodles!