Chapter 22

Janet gave us her friend Mary's address and number. We called and she told us to meet her at her house this evening. Since we still have a lot of time to kill, we decided to go out for lunch.

"Do you remember the diner we used to go to? They got some awesome new menus. You're gonna have a food-gasm, Ems!" Matt exclaims excitedly, staring into the road as he's driving.

I cringe when he said that. "A what now? I'm gonna pretend you just didn't say that."

"What? A food-gasm?" Matt turns his head to me. "Its like orgasm but you know with food because its too delicious." He turns his gaze back to the road.

"Ugh I think I just lost my appetite." I gag. "I don't think you're supposed to use food and orgasm in the same sentence." I shudder at the thought of it.

"Just you wait. You'll get what I mean." Matt smirks as he drives into the runway of the diner.

When I see the diner, nostalgia immediately hits me as memories of my childhood plays before my eyes. The diner still has the same cosy feeling to it. Its not fancy like those restaurants in New York but it still has that warm feeling. We take a seat closest to the window.

"Hi! What would you like to order?" A young girl, chewing a gum, comes over to us. When she sees Matt, her face widens into a smile. "Hey Matt! I didn't see you there. Where have you been for the past week? You didn't come for lunch." She says, her eyes sparkling as she talks to Matt, biting the top of her pencil.

I shake my head at the girl. She is so smitten with Matt, its kind of amusing to watch.

"Hi, I was in New York to visit my friend. This is Amelia." Matt turns his head to me. "Amelia this is Brie." He says turning to look at the girl.

"Hi nice to meet you." I smile at Brie. She just gives me a fake smile and turns to look at Matt again. Uh okay, if she thinks giving me attitude is going to get her anywhere with Matt, she's wrong.

I just roll my eyes at her. "Uh hello?" I wave my hand in front of her, cutting her from the flirting with Matt. "We're ready to order." I tell her.

"Fine. What do you want?" She rudely remarks.

I'm about to give her a piece of my mind when Matt cuts me off. "The usual, please. For both of us." He says, smiling at Brie.

Matt is always so nice to everyone, even to strangers. I swear, some day he's going to be in trouble because he's too nice. "She's so in love with you." I roll my eyes.

"What?" Matt chuckles. "Brie's just a kid."

"Oh trust me. She loves you. I can tell just by looking at her."

"But you can't tell when it comes to Lucas, can you?" Matt says.

"What?" I snap my head up to Matt.

"Ems, I'm not gonna say the words. But you know he cares about you right?" Matt thanked Brie, as she comes with our food in her hands.

I waited until Brie left our table before answering, "Matt he didn't even wanna hear me explain. I know for sure he can't stand me anymore." I purse my lips. "He hates me for lying to him." I tell Matt.

"Maybe he's just shocked at the time. I think maybe you should talk to him again." Matt defends Lucas.

I can't believe he's defending him. I know it was my fault for lying to him in the first place but he should've at least tried to listen to my side of the story first.

"I called him a hundred times already. He won't answer any of my calls. Plus why are you defending him anyway?" I say, starting to feel upset that Matt would defend Lucas in front of me.