Chapter VIII

Lyric POV

The way back to Danny's house I was mad as fuck. How could Jayden keep that secret from me? The secret that determined what type of life he's living. I don't know what made him turn to drug dealing but I'm sure as hell going to find out. I hate it when Isiah leaves to go to the trap house because I don't know if he's going to be coming home. He says it's a small business we all know there's no such thing as a small drug empire. Everybody knows who's who , and the weaknesses and strengths.. Anyone could attack at anytime and it scares me that I'm going to loose my only brother. As I was walking and thinking I remembered I had to get Danny's food. I waited about fifteen minutes for them to make it and I headed towards the house again. When I walked inside I had seen that Danny had not moved from the position when I left. I placed the food down in front of him, kicked off my shoes, flopped down in the chair and rubbed my head. I was getting a headache thinking about what just happened. I heard Danny go through the bag to get his food. I guess he noticed I was upset so he spoke first.

"Whats up with you?" he asked

" I went down to the trap house, and to my surprise I find out Jayden is a drug dealer who works for Isiah."

He laughed , " Damn"

" The hell is funny?"

" You stressing over that. It's petty, i though he had cheated or some shit."

" Well excuse me if I had a father who joined a gang and walked out on my mother. The drug game changes people, and I don't know if you noticed but I don't want my boyfriend changing and acting brand new on my ass."

He just looked at me chewing his food. I shook my head and headed upstairs. I can't believe he said I was overreacting like bitch shut the fuck up. I decided to call Teyana to see if she would understand.

"Hel- , Hello" Teyana said out of breathe.

"You busy fucking something, cause I can call back later."

"Nah, you good, wassup?"

"It's about Jayden"

"Hold, hold up Ly"

I waited about 2minutes. I knew her ass was fucking Zayquan cause I heard her loud ass moan and tell Zay to get out.

" Alright, wassup"

I explained to her everything that happened between us. She seemed to understand where I was coming from and gave me advice on what to do. While I was on the phone Danny came in the room and laid done next to me. I was still mad at him for telling me I was overreacting but I can't stay mad at him forever. I saw that he wanted to talk to me so I dismissed TeTe and waited for him to say something.

Danny POV

I didn't know that Lyric would react the way she did over Jayden. I'm not even going to lie I do have a little crush on Lyric. I had one on her since the 5th grade when she was in my class. I just never had to guts to ask her to be mine. We got older and she treated me like a best friend. I don't have a problem with it because we hang out daily but it bugs me that I can't hold her and kiss her the way I want her. It's like how you want someone so bad not even in a sexual way. You just want to hug them feel their warmth and smell their scent and feel how soft they are. Look into their eyes and hear their voice and soak in their presence like its physically impossible to have them by your side but you need it so bad like you just want them to be yours and you want them physically there for you. I know I may sound like a bitch but that's how it is with Lyric and I. But when she overreacted over the petty it turned me on more because it shows that she actually cares. But I found it funny how she was stressing her self out about it. It's not as serious as him cheating. I then remembered that her father left her mother because of the drug game. He joined right after her mom became pregnant with Lyric. By time Lyric was five, he had turned into the ways of the streets, fucking everything with a pulse and finally got up and left his family. I understood where she was coming from but she was a overreacting just a little. I walked upstairs to my room to hear her talking on the phone. I walked in and just sat next to her and waited for her to get off the phone. When she did I started apologizing.