Chapter XV

Lyric POV

"Wh-what?" I stuttered out as the words rolled of his tongue. My mother, dead?

"I'm sorry, but-"

"How?" I asked in with tears now streaming down uncontrollably.

"Ms.Brown was in a car with her co-worker Mr. Johnson on the date of November 16. It was raining ridiculously hard and the man lost control of the car and ran into a delivery truck head first. Your mother was the only one killed. Therefore, since your mother was an out of state citizen dead for a weak and no one claimed her, the state cremated her. Here are her remaining. I'm terribly sorry." he said passing me the black and gold urn with a note and walking away. I know my mother hasn't been contacting me in a while but I know she was busy with work and she told she won't be able to contact me.. She was suppose to return next week and she said she had a surprise. I would never have thought the surprise was her dying and only her dying. Why is God punishing me and only me. Why did my queen, my role model, my mother have to ripped away from me. The last thing I said to her was 'I love you, see you in a month.' I wanted to say so much more but I can't now. I placed the urn down, placed the note in my pocket and started crying hysterically. First my boyfriend fucks me over and now this. I finally pull myself together to grab my phone. I'm shaking and crying uncontrollably that I can hardly see or stay still to dial his number. I finally dialed it and he picked up on the third ring.

"Hello"

"Isiah, can you come home please" I said crying now into the phone thinking how am I'm going to tell him.

"Why wassup?, Why you crying?" he said now sounding concerned

"I-I can't tell you over the phone can you please just come home."

"Be there in 5 minutes." and he hung up. I threw my phone and went upstairs to try and calm down. I walked into my room and things only became worse. I saw pictures of me and my mom on graduation days, vacations, and much more. I heard the door open and ran downstairs and say that it was Isiah. His face made me thing of my mom even more. He was another version of her. He had her eyes and dimples. I couldn't even make it down the stairs before I broke down again. I sat down on the stairs and covered my face.

"Whoa, Ly what happened?" I heard him as walked up the steps.

"She-shes gone" I said whipping my face so the new tears can roll down.

"Who's gone?" he asked as he sat down next to me and wrapping his arm around me.

"Mom"

Isiah POV

I was chillen' with Peddie and Q when Lyric had called me. She usually never calls me so I guess it was important. I answered and it sounded like she was crying and she was just telling me to come home.

"Yo ima meet up with y'all later. I gotta go home" I tell them

"Aigh" said Q. I dapped then both and headed home.

Within a few minutes I was home. I looked around to see a urn and a crying Lyric and the top of the steps. She started down the steps but basically collapsed in the middle. I immediately went over and asked her what was up. She kept saying shes gone. I was tired of her playing so my finally asked who.

"Mom" she said through her sobs.

"Stop playing like that. That's not funny" I said letting go of her and standing in front of her.

She looked at me and stood up, " I'm not fucking playing! You think I would play with some shit like that. A police officer came over here saying she was dead, and trust me I know the difference between a real and fake police officer so don't ask me that question. He gave me that urn and this." she said while digging in her pocket giving me a envelope and sitting back down.

I opened it and pulled out the piece of paper that read,

Tiffani Brown,

Age: 34 years old,

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Race: African American.

Time of death: 2:46 pm Tuesday, November 16,2013.

- Since out of state and kept in state morgue with me claim, forced to cremate.

I read it with tears now running down my face. My mother can not me gone. She can't be striped from my life. She just can't leave Lyric and me in the world by myself. Me and Lyric are now left to take care of our selfs. I looked down and the paper and my tears touched it. I walked down the steps towards the urn. I touched it and started crying even harder. I collapsed on the couch and just cried. I haven't cried this much since my grandmother died but this is my mother. I would kill everybody in this world for that women. I stopped myself and walked upstairs to my room. I walked towards the shelf with our family pictures. I picked the one with me, Lyric, and mom on my High school graduation. On that day, she swore that she would be here until the end. She promised to see all our graduations, to our grandchildren and more. Nothing we would ever do she will be there. She broke her promise. I was so mad that I threw the picture to the wall causing it shatter along with much more. I guess Lyric heard me cause she ran up the steps to my room.

"Isiah Stop !" she yelled but I ignored her and threw a couple more pictures. She ran over and hugged me. I immediately hugged her back. We made our way to the bed and cried with each other. I'm suppose to be the big one and comfort her. But we're comforting each other. Our mother is gone and there's nothing me can do about it.