Chapter XXII

Lyric POV

Today was the day of the Thanksgiving and I'm not even going to lie I was nervous. Not nervous because I was going to Jayden but for the fact that something might come up and spark something. I'm so done about thinking about what he did and what happened when we were these kids in high school looking the perfect romance. That something may slip out that wasn't suppose to and start an agruement that could have been avoided. Anything can happen, I just hope it's after the dinner and I'm not apart of it.

I dressed in my strapless dress which stopped above my knees that was red from top to waist and black then on. I matched it with a black cardigan and my black boot spike heals. I put on my black pearl set, eye liner with mascara, with my Chanel No. 5 perfume, grabed my clutch and walked downstairs. I saw Danny on the couch watching a re-run of Martin. He was matching me by wearing a red dress shirt, black tie, black jeans, and red vans.

"Alright, I'm ready" I said while opening the door.

He shut off the tv and walked behind me. We got in his black escalade and headed to the house. While in the car we were bumpin to the radio and we were at the house in less than 15min. I looked out the window then looked back at him.

"What's up?" Danny asked. "If you don't want to go in we can just--"

"No, I'm good, it's nothing."

"You sure."

"Yeah" I said putting on a fake smile.

I opened the door and got out. I waited for Danny to get out lock the door and grab my hand. We walked up to the house and rung the door bell. On the second ring the Teyana opened the door.

"Oh my God you came" She said pulling me into a hug.

"Hey Danny" She said as she let go of me and looked at him.

"Wassup" He answered dryly.

Teyana moved out the way and we steped inside the house. We walked into the living room to see the twins in matching outfits, on the couch watching Spongebob.

"Hi mommy's friend" said the girl

I laughed, "Hi sweety"

Teyana came up behind us. "These are my babies, Simon and Simone. The dinner should be done in a few so you guys can hang out in here."

I nodded my head and pulled Danny towards the couch.

"Okay, I see how Simone looks like Jayden, but Simon looks nothing like both of them put together." Danny whispered in my ear

"Told you that."

We were having a conversation until the door bell rung. Teyana walked to the door and opened and too my suprise my brother and his bitch came walking in. I looked in shock wondering what they were doing here.

"Isiah," I started as he looked at me "What are you going here?"

"I should be asking you that question. Mo'Nique invited me over."

"Oh Mo'Nique didn't tell you?" Said Teyana getting into the conversation. "Thats my sister. We have different fathers."

I just looked between the two in shock. I know I wasn't the only one looking back and forth because there was complete silence for a while. We heard the door knob jiggle and Jayden walked in.

"Hey, wassup y'all?" He said greeting everyone.

I felt Danny grab my hand and get tense up. He still doesn't forgive Jayden for what he did too me so these may be an awkward night.

"Hey Lyric, Danny." He said now with his attention fully on me

"Jayden." I replied, and Danny just head nodded him.

"Well," Teyana started. "The food is ready so you guess can start your way into the dining room. Come on Simon and Simone."

We all walked into the dining room and sat down. Danny sat next to me, while Jayden and Teyana were across from us. Isiah and Mo'Nique were in the middle of the table while the twins were at a separate table in another room with the door open and the television on. This is about to be a crazy night.