Heartbreak

Abby's POV:

I have been hanging out with Colby all week. We've been watching movies, going out for lunch or dinner. I've had lots of fun with him. He's really sweet and he has sparkling brown eyes and- .....wait, what am I saying? Do I like Colby?

I was walking to my locker room and I saw Nikki and Brie.

"Hey sis." said Brie.

"Hey guys." I said, giving them a hug.

"Where have you been all week?" asked Nikki.

"Oh, I was hanging with Colby." I said.

"Ooooohhhhh." they said.

"What?" I asked.

"Are you two a thing?" asked Brie.

That instantly created butterflies in my stomach. 

"What? No. I think he was just trying to cheer me up after everything with that jerk Lucas." I said.

"Oh okay." said Nikki.

"Are you okay with that now?" asked Brie.

"Yeah I guess." I said.

"I better go now. I just had a match and I am very sweaty." I said.

"That you are. We'll see you soon." said Nikki.

"Bye." I said, walking to my locker room.

**********************

I walked into my locker room and went to have a shower. I changed my clothes and walked out of the bathroom to see someone on the couch.

"Umm, who are you?" I asked.

The person turned around and my heart nearly exploded.

Lucas.......

****************

Colby's POV:

"So, when are you gonna ask her out?" asked Jon.

"In a few minutes actually. I got her favorite roses. I also got her a heart shaped locket. She has to say yes. She has to." I said.

The locket has an engraving in it saying, 'To Abby, will you be my girlfriend? Love Colby xx'

"Go get her tiger. " said Joe, patting my shoulder.

***************

I walked out of the shield locker room and went to Abby's. I took a deep breath and opened the door. From that moment, I felt my heart break into a million pieces. I felt like I got stabbed in the heart. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I backed away from the door, closed it and walked away. Joe and Jon came and started talking to me.

"Hey man, how did it go? Did she like the roses?" asked Joe.

I looked down at the roses in my hands and I felt my anger rising. I smashed the roses on the floor and stepped all over them. Joe and Jon looked horrified.

"Dude stop. What happened man?" asked Jon, holding me back.

I took the heart-shaped locket out of my pocket and gave it to Jon. I didn't want anything to do with Abby anymore. 

I left the arena without saying a word. I drove back to the hotel, went to my hotel room, paid for a new hotel room in a different hotel, switched my phone off and went to my new hotel. I got changed and drifted to sleep with tears running down my face.