The Dream

A few days later.....

Abby's POV:

Joe, Colby and I all flew to Iowa so we could look after Colby in his house. He couldn't wrestle because Shane and Daniel didn't want him hitting his head and permanently damaging his memory. His ribs were still not healed either. When we got to his house, Colby said he was starting to feel tired so he went up to bed for a bit.

"Joe, did you get in touch with Jon yet??" I asked as we sat on the sofa.

"No, I've tried to call him. He won't pick up. I asked Shane and Bryan and they don't know either."

"Do you think maybe he's flown home to LA??"

"Maybe. I'll fly over there tomorrow. I'll talk to him and you can get some alone time with Colby." he said, smirking at me.

"Oh shush. I doubt it. He's still not well. I have to look after him."

"Yeah, you'll be his personal nurse. The really hot one that the patient ends up falling for."

"Oh my god."

***********************************************

The next day.....

Joe left early in the morning to go and see Jon. Colby was watching TV with his dog, Kevin, on his lap.

"Abby, how come Jon didn't come to see me??" he asked as I sat down next to him.

"Urrrr...." I said, trying to come up with an excuse. "He texted Joe and said he was really busy."

"Oh, where is Joe? He was here yesterday."

"Jon said he needed him for something. He said he'll be back soon." I said, tucking a bit of his hair behind his ear.

"Okay. I guess I kinda miss them already." he said as he stroked Kevin who was fast asleep.

"I know you do. They'll be back soon. They're always there for you." I said as he smiled slightly.

*********************************************

One hour later.....

Colby fell asleep with his head on my lap and Kevin still wrapped in his arms. My phone vibrated so I picked it up and saw a text from Joe.

"Hey Abby. Just made it to LA. Hopefully Jon's here."

"He better be. I don't know where else he could be."

"I'll text you after I've talked to him. Hopefully he'll be coming back with me."

"Good luck."

*************************************

Colby's POV:

"I KNOW HOW TO BE SAFE!!!!!! THIS ISN'T MY FIRST TLC MATCH!!!! YOU'RE ACTING LIKE I'M NEW TO THIS BUSINESS!!!! YOU KNOW, WHEN I WAS WALKING BACK, I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA CONGRATULATE ME BUT INSTEAD, YOU THINK THAT I CAN'T COMPETE AND BE SAFE IN A SIMPLE TLC MATCH THAT I HAVE BEEN IN BEFORE!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CAN'T TRUST ME!!"

"IT'S EASIER TO TRUST SOMEONE WHEN I KNOW THAT THEY WILL ACTUALLY LISTEN TO WHAT I TELL THEM WHILST TRYING TO LOOK OUT FOR THEM!!" I yelled

"SO YOU CAN'T TRUST ME!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT? I'M OUT OF HERE!! I'M NOT TAKING ANYMORE SHIT!!!" 

I gasped as I got up, breathing heavily as I held onto my head.

"Babe, you okay??" I heard. Abby was still next to me and she looked at me worried.

Was that all a dream or did that actually happen?? I held onto my head I felt slightly dizzy. 

"One second." Abby said, getting up. She came back a few seconds later with a glass of water. "Here."

"Thanks." I said, taking the glass. 

I felt a little better after. I was still sitting on the sofa and Abby was standing.

"What happened?? Are you okay??" Abby asked as I felt her massaging my head. 

"I....I don't know to be honest. I just....I don't know."

"Just don't stress out about anything. Don't think too much."

"I guess. It looked so real though."

"What seemed real??"

"My dream. We were both arguing about something. I think it was about being safe in the ring or something."

"Oh...." she said.

"What??"

"Nothing. Nothing." she said.

"Can I tell you something??"

"Sure, anything Sweetie."

"I....I wanna cry."

"Huh??"

"I don't know why. I feel upset. I feel like I wanna cry but I don't know why." I said as tears grew in my eyes.

"Go on then. I won't stop you. Let it out."

Before I knew it, I was sobbing like crazy. I wrapped my arms around Abby's waist as I leant my head on her stomach. She was stroking my hair as I carried on crying. 

"It's gonna be okay Colby. I promise."