Convincing Jon

A/N: I never got to thank you guys for 9K reads. I hit 8K reads on the 25th of April and it hasn't even been a month and I'm on 9.4K. Thank you so much for the votes and comments and reads. I love you all. *Cries slightly* A huge shout out to @itsKimoneWWE, @phenomanal1girl, @wwe_diva2k, @Princess0594, @jonathantylerparks, @Sarah_Bou_Bou_Barclay, @crissy_nic, @WWELover14_, @jadeG7685 and @moaningrollins for all the votes on every single chapter. Thank you so much for the support.

**************************************

Meanwhile In LA.....

Jon's POV:

The same image of Colby lying on the hospital bed kept popping in my mind. I felt an over bearing amount of guilt for everything that happened. I just wished I could go back in time and fix everything. I wished that instead of trying to drag Colby and Abby away from each other, I pushed them closer together. I really regretted everything I'd done.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a knock at the door. Who would be here now? Nobody knew I was going to be here. Renee is still at work too. I wasn't bothered to open the door anyways. I wasn't exactly in the best condition. I hadn't left my couch since yesterday. The place was covered in food packets. Guilt does crazy things to a man. 

Suddenly, I heard a key go into the lock and the door starting to open. My eyes widened and I quickly grabbed a vase that was next to me, ready to throw it at whoever was coming in. 

"Joe??!" I said in shock, putting the vase down.

"Were you gonna throw that at me??" he asked, pointing at the vase.

"Yeah, I thought you were gonna break in. How the heck did you get in my house??"

"Well, you still have that ugly plant with the key under it."

"What are you doing here??"

"You haven't left that couch, have you??"

"Why do you care??" I asked, swatting some food packets away.

"Because I still care about you. No matter how many fights we get into and how serious they are, I can never hate you."

"Really??" I asked, kinda surprised.

"Yes. Colby and I both love you the same. Right now, he needs you."

"No he doesn't. I'm just gonna make things worse for him."

"No you're not. You don't know what happened to him. He thinks the Shield are still together."

"What?? Why??" I asked, confused.

"Apparently, his memory has gone back to when he was last happy and that was when we were still together and him and Abby first started dating."

"So, he doesn't remember us breaking up??" 

"No."

"And he doesn't remember when him and Abby broke up??"

Joe shook his head. 

"He remembers the time when you and Abby teamed up and we played bowling together. He doesn't remember anything after that."

"So, he doesn't remember what I did to him??"

"No he doesn't." Joe said. "You need to come back with me. The doctor said we need to act how we were a year ago. We need to pretend the Shield are still together."

"But, won't he be mad that we lied when his memory comes back??"

"He might but we're doing this for him. We can't stress him out or he could permanently damage his memory." Joe said. "It also gives you an excuse to spend some time with him. I know how much you're missing him. I can tell he misses you too. You have both been closer to each other than anyone else. Even closer than with me. He really needs you right now Jon. We can't help him without you."

I thought about it for a bit. Maybe helping Colby get better will help me get rid of this guilt. I really wanna fix the damage I caused. I want the old Colby back again. I just want him to be happy. If he wasn't around anymore, I don't know what I would do. I really love him. I was so glad I met him back in FCW.

"Okay, I'll come back with you. I do miss him and I want him to get better. I'm warning you now though. Once I'm with Colby, I'm not gonna share him with anyone, not even Abby."

"Okay, now hurry up and pack a few bags. We're flying over to Iowa. Colby and Abby are at his house." Joe said, chuckling slightly. 

"Okay." I said, getting up and heading towards the stairs. "Don't you dare raid my fridge."

"I can't promise anything." he said, already heading to the kitchen.

I shook my head as I headed upstairs to pack.