Maybe I Should Leave Him.....It's For His Own Good

The Next Morning

Abby's POV:

I woke up the next morning, lifting my head from Colby's chest. I had decided to stay with him last night. I knew if I got back to our hotel, I'd only be thinking if he would be okay or not. I really felt guilty. I wished it was me on the hospital bed instead of him. Colby didn't deserve what happened. 

I looked at Colby who was fast asleep. I lifted his shirt up to check his wound and make sure his stitches were okay. I really hated the fact that he got hurt because of me. This was all my fault. Maybe, we weren't meant to be. The longer he stays with me, the more he's going to get hurt. 

He got kidnapped by Lucas because of me and now, he got stabbed because of me too. I should leave him.....it's for his own good. 

***************************************************

Colby's POV:

I woke up because my side was starting to hurt. I looked around and Abby wasn't with me. I sat up in bed as the door opened. Abby walked inside with a tray of food. 

" Morning Colbs. How are you feeling? " she asked, setting the tray down and sitting next to me. 

" I'm okay, I guess. My side is still hurting. " I said.

She looked down. Abby looked hurt about something.

" Abby, are you okay? " I asked.

" Yeah, I'm fine. Let's just eat. " she said. 

************************************************************

20 minutes later.....

Abby's POV:

After we ate breakfast, my phone rang and it was Jon. He said himself, along with Joe, Stephanie and Hunter were on their way to the hospital. I thought this would be the best time to end it. Joe, Jon, Stephanie and Hunter can take care of Colby after I leave. Maybe I should just quit too. I really need some time to myself. I don't want to have to see Colby's face everyday. It'll just hurt me. A good year or two would help me get over him. 

" Colby, I need to....talk to you. " I said, sitting down next to him.

" What is it? " he asked. 

" I just.....I want you to know that I love you so much but this needs to be done. Just.....please don't hate me. I won't be able to take that. " I said, taking his hands in mine.

" Abby.....what's the matter?? " he asked, looking more serious. 

" I'm...I'm breaking up...with you. " I whispered. It felt like a stab to the heart but I couldn't put Colby's life in danger because of me. 

" What?? " he whispered. " Why?? What did I do wrong?? "

" You didn't do anything. It's me. I've caused so many problems since we got together and I just want you to be happy. "

" I am happy. I'm....I'm happy with you. " I saw tears in his eyes. 

" You're not Colby. I want to make sure you are. I keep putting your life in danger, over and over again but I can't let that happen again. It's better that I get out of your life. You can start your life afresh. I'm quitting WWE and I'm going to go home. I'll find a job there but I'll be away from you. That way I know you can't get hurt because of me. "

I got up just as the door opened and Jon, Joe, Stephanie and Hunter walked in. 

" I'm sorry Colby. I love you. " I said before wiping my tears, grabbing my bags and leaving the hospital.