Prologue: The Night We Left

Sandaled feet walked silently through a compound. On the walls hung proud symbols of a fan, the emblem of the Uchiha. The clan estate was silent. The only sound that could be heard was the swish of footsteps striding through pools of blood. A young man leisurely walked through the compound as memories of laughter, smiles, and love ran through his mind. His ANBU uniform was drenched with the blood of his clan and family. His hair was pulled back with a red elastic in a low ponytail and his centre-parted bangs fell over his eyes creating a shadow. But this did nothing to hide the tears that were flowing down his face. The grief and guilt of killing his clan would forever be etched into his mind, yet he did not regret the events that had occurred that night. For his actions tonight would have a great influence on the peace of his beloved village.

The grip on his katana tightened at the thought of what was to come. From now on he was to be known as an S rank criminal and a member of the Akatsuki. He would have to take on a variety of missions that would be from stealing scrolls to killing innocent people.

The young man's grip loosened as he felt a warm body snuggle into his chest. He stopped walking for a moment to stare down at his most precious treasure. In his arms laid a girl who looked no older than 4-years-old. Her raven hair fell gently over her shoulders as a small smile made its way on her face. Her skin glowed with health under the full moon's light. Despite the blood on the man's uniform, the girl remained untainted. She was clueless to what had happened that night for it was in her best interest if she didn't know. The man stared lovingly at the girl as he sheathed his katana and gently caressed her cheek. The girl leaned into his touch, which caused the man's eyes to soften slightly. This girl's name was Emiko Uchiha, daughter of the Uchiha clan murderer, Itachi Uchiha.

Itachi continued to stare tenderly at the sleeping form of the lone, female Uchiha that lay in his arms. Thoughts of his lover Kyoko Uchiha ran through his mind. The way she smiled lovingly at him as she held their precious Emiko in her arms for the first and last time. The last time he heard her say, "I love you," to him. The last time she kissed him, with her last dying breath. He promised himself to protect his daughter Emiko with everything he had. He couldn't let his only source of happiness to die like the rest. His own brother, Sasuke, was left to avenge the clan and would now only resent him. Emiko was everything to him now.

He sent that vow to heaven where he will join his family, clan, and his beautiful Kyoko when he dies and his brother Sasuke avenges the clan. As he gazed once more at his daughter he continued on to his previous destination, with only one thought on his mind.

I just hope Emiko will forgive me for leaving her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So here is the prologue. It's longer than the one in my original Itachi's Daughter fanfic and hold more information about Emiko and Itachi's feelings. So... ummm... how was it? Please comment, vote, fan, or add this story to your library. It would be much appreciated I'll try to update the first chapter this weekend. If I don't then I'm probably busy. So don't get angry when you don't see an update. Till next time,

🌸Saku/Cherry-chan🌸