Ch.3: Meeting a Nara

Re-cap

tall man walked out of the crowd of shinobi and bowed down to the Hokage. Gai was well-built man with high cheek bones, thick eyebrows and black hair cut into bowl cut style. He wore green jumpsuit, orange striped legwarmers and the standard Konoha flak jacket. His forehead protector was on redcloth and was worn around his waist, like belt.

"Gai, can you go and get..."

Now on with the story

- -

Emiko's POV

"Gai, can you go and get Kakashi Hatake as he is late for this meeting." The Hokage instructed to the now known Shinobi, Gai.

Gai nodded and disappeared in a puff of smoke. I awkwardly stood there with the other shinobi staring at me in silence. I started to fidget in my place in front of the Hokage's desk. I looked down and fiddled with the fabric of my kimono. As if one cue, many of the shinobi awed at the sight of me. I blushed slightly in embarrassment from all the attention and hid my face in my hands to hide my blush. This caused many of the kunoichi who were present to squeal. I peeked at them from behind my fingers and saw the girls squealing in front of me with their hands clapped together and hearts in their eyes. The men in the room looked away with a small tint of pink on their cheeks. My blush darkened when one of the shinobi couldn't help but pinch my red cheeks. Many awed at the sight once again which caused my blush to darken even more if that was possible. I swear that my blush was as red as the kimono I was wearing.

I quickly ran away from the hands that were pinching my cheeks and ran to the Hokage's side. I was shorter than the desk so I tiptoed to peek at what the shinobi were doing now. They were still squealing and blushing when they saw me, so I quickly ducked down under the desk and hid my face in my tucked in knees. I gave a small squeak when I felt arms wrap around my waist and lift me up. Soon enough I landed on someone's lap with a hat over my head.

The hat was too large for me so it covered my eyes slightly. I lifted the hat up a bit and saw that I was sitting on the Hokage's lap with his hat on my head. I stared up at him with curious eyes as he stared at me with wise and happy eyes. Smiling up at him, I took off his hat and placed it back on his head. I jumped off the Hokage's lap and ran to the group of kunoichi. They immediately began to coo at me. I smiled shyly at them and looked down at my feet.