Ch. 15: Never Forget

*EDITED*

••••••••••DreamContinued••••••••••

Emiko's POV

Though I should have forgotten because of my injury then, I know I will never forget that day. The day everything changed for my best friend and myself.

It's been half a year since the summoning accident. Many things have changed since then. Everyone in the Ryuu clan, who once treated me like his or her own, now treated me as if I were a delicate piece of ice. I hated it. I hated how everything changed because of that one thing. The only people who didn't treat me differently were the members of the main house of the Ryuu clan. I am grateful that they treated me the same way, because if they didn't, I know I would have gone insane.

Lord Akihiro had given me scrolls on the imperial dragons so I could learn to manipulate their powers and be able to tame them. Of course my friend Kou had been by my side for the whole thing and had trained along side me. The training was tough but if it helped me become strong so I didn't mind.

Kou had been very understanding and though I know he held great guilt for the accident, I'm glad he didn't treat me any different then he used to.

"Ko-chan!"

I turned and smiled at my friend as he ran towards me.

"Kou-kun! Are you okay?" I asked as he panted.

"I'm... fine... Just... a little... out of... breathe." Kou spoke.

I giggled slightly and took his hand in mine as I led him towards the stream that was near our training area. Together we both slipped off our sandals and dipped out feet in the cool water. I sighed in content as I laid my head on Kou's shoulder. I snuggled deeper into him as he placed an arm around my shoulders.

"Ko-chan, is you're training going well? You're not overdoing yourself again, are you?" Kou asked as I felt his grip in me tighten.

I sighed and shook my head lightly, "The training's tough but nothing I can't handle."

I heard Kou sigh as he placed his cheek on my head.

"Just promise me that you'll tell me if anything is wrong okay?" Kou asked.

I smiled and nodded.

"Don't worry. You're my best friend. I'll tell you everything and you know it."

Kou chuckled and I felt him nod. We both sat in silence before Kou decided to speak again.

"Ko-chan, lets promise something."

"Hmmm?"

"Let's promise that we'll always be there for each other, that we'll always be by each others side and that we'll always be best friends."

I smiled and pecked Kou's cheek.

"Don't worry. I promise." I said as I held out my pinkie.

My eyes held confusion as Kou shook his head as he smiled down at me.

"Nope, in my clan, we had always had a certain way of making a promise with those we hold dear and promises that mean greatly to us. I know that this is a strange request but can you close your eyes Ko-chan?" Kou asked as he smiled gently at me.

Though I was confused I nonetheless closed my eyes, fully trusting Kou.

Not a second later I felt something soft and warm on my lips. When I opened my eyes I felt them widen as I saw Kou right in front of me with his lips on mine. After a few seconds Kou pulled away as my face turned as red as a tomato.